Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Model Discussion

UlsterCountySnowZ

1 hour ago, Paragon said:

We really need that SE Ridge to amp up.  I don't even care if the storm cuts across Long Island, that's far better than going out to sea.

I'd honestly rather take a few minor snow events like this month so far than something like what happened with the March storm. The writing was somewhat on the wall with that but ending up with 3" of slop that was mostly washed away vs. a good shot at a foot or more and a blizzard watch 2 days before... no thanks. I'd much rather be here on guidance vs. us be in the bullseye now. The SE Ridge has also almost always strengthened close into events and storms end up more amped. Given that this is a Nina winter, it gives it even more likelihood. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I'd honestly rather take a few minor snow events like this month so far than something like what happened with the March storm. The writing was somewhat on the wall with that but ending up with 3" of slop that was mostly washed away vs. a good shot at a foot or more and a blizzard watch 2 days before... no thanks. I'd much rather be here on guidance vs. us be in the bullseye now. The SE Ridge has also almost always strengthened close into events and storms end up more amped. Given that this is a Nina winter, it gives it even more likelihood. 

I guess I never really like late March events because they seem to melt right away, if that was more like the Jan 2008 Heavy Snow Warning bust, I'd have a bigger issue with it.

I was thinking more like the Millenium Storm if we could get a track like that and a dynamic storm like that one, it would be pretty amazing.

12 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Impossible, that would be our strongest (winter) storm of all time.

great to see though. Confidence is starting to rise. 

...something else is starting to rise..!!!

great track for us LI boys..further east the better.

36 minutes ago, EasternLI said:

Verbatim, that control run has the mother of all norluns for north Jersey into NYC and eastern Suffolk gets clipped by the western side of the CCB.

Yup.  Ridiculous solution.  That's why it's just for fun.  No point in us discussing it. 

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I think everyone is getting a little too excited about the Euro and EPS. Both are big-time misses. Relying on a Norlun is an ingredient for major letdown.

Way too far to be worried about the track, essentially it' going to come down how suppressd the jet stream gets pushed south. No doubt there will be a storm just how far north will it go. By Wednesday we should know for sure

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

After seeing these past couple days transpire, things have become a lot more bleak.

Also those who called for an inch or two for Christmas are going to be wrong.

We also have about two weeks before the pattern breaks down to get snow otherwise those AN snowfall calls could be in jeopardy.

This was always going to be a close call so forecasting 1-2 and getting nil is not really a huge bust.  Regardless, some parts of the metro will indeed receive 1-2.

As for the late week storm, still lots of time before anyone should press the panic button.

3 minutes ago, ILoveWinter said:

This was always going to be a close call so forecasting 1-2 and getting nil is not really a huge bust.  Regardless, some parts of the metro will indeed receive 1-2.

As for the late week storm, still lots of time before anyone should press the panic button.

That is true, but the late week storm is now losing the +PNA/-AO combo and the Euro/EPS are a miss, gfs is very flat as well. That's a very bad sign. We could end up cold and dry until the pattern breaks down. 

Archived