Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Model Discussion

UlsterCountySnowZ

6 hours ago, NJwx85 said:

The surface low develops over NNJ then tracks over SNE and up into the Gulf of Maine.

It's a great setup for a major snowstorm for interior NY, PA and Western New England.

5a3aaa5329e4b.png

5a3aaa6017065.png

Sounds like the Poconos are the place to be!  I might be going there Saturday and staying there until New Years.  Can you look a bit ahead at the middle-end of week storm next week and tell me if that looks better for the Poconos vs the coast too? If it's going to be better for the coast, I might come back early!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, purduewx80 said:

Fresh Arctic air does not come in until the Sun/Mon system passes. La Nina + seasonal trends for the bulkier-than-forecast SE/Atlantic ridge will win out this round along the coast/city proper, imo, not that a quick change to snow is impossible Sun/Mon as the system departs.  The threat late next week is the one to watch.

I think you're talking about the Wednesday night-Thursday threat before New Years? I'm wondering about that one too.  Wondering if it's a better bet for the Poconos or the coast.

1 hour ago, redbanknjandbigbasslakepa said:

Complete BS. I missed the one minor coastal scraper. I nailed that December would feature significant gold six or seven weeks ago before anyone. Spin the week leading up to Christmas how you wish but you blew that one. You laughed st others suggesting we’d have a moderation lasting more than a day or two and said the period between the 20-25 would be cold with snow. It’s not. I believe you even said White Christmas, not. You’ve been no better than I have, and your immediate call now leading into Christmas Day went up in smoke. 

:axe::drunk::facepalm:

42 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

This will either be epic fail by euro or gfs...either way it’s a major mid range fail by one of them....they literally couldn’t be more different, not sure I’ve seen such disagreements within 5 days....just goes to show the range of possibilities still on table

The GFS is also a torch post 120 in the SE U.S which is night and day compared to the Euro 

26 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Gotta love how the gfs just destroys the confluence and plows through the arctic air for the post Christmas storm. 

Storm will probably end up a good 500 miles south than it's current position on the gfs. Strong -EPO with a growing -AO/NAO will not cause a big ridge over the east like the 0z gfs shows. 

-EPO 

MJO in 8 into 1

Trough in Europe 

crashing SOI 

All argue for the trough on the E/C

The GFS feedback over the Rockies kicks the ridge up in front of it is probably wrong 

That ridge will not exist 

The SW will get pushed under and come to the EC. 

Archived