Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Model Discussion

UlsterCountySnowZ

28 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The EPS is getting close to KU potential for the 13th.-400 meter anomalies at 500 mb are usually reserved for the strongest East Coast winter storms.

eps_z500a_noram_144.thumb.png.fa7a502f3995b4ed55906235f1f2f188.png

So while everyone is in the other thread bluewave what are we looking for on the 13th it def seems to be an earlier developer than what was modeled the last few cycles develops the low at Atlantic City latitude instead of long islandLong Island

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The EPS is getting close to KU potential for the 13th.-400 meter anomalies at 500 mb are usually reserved for the strongest East Coast winter storms.

Bluewave, any thoughts on how this eventually plays out based on the ultimate strength of the low pressure area on the 8 th and 9 th . More digging , etc. Will be very interesting to say the least.   

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

Chris I think this is a snowstorm.

We liked the 

13th 

18th 

23rd

But I agree about Tuesday , I think that rolls under and deepens at the BM

Not a bad start to the pattern 

Chris I think this is a snowstorm.

We liked the 

13th 

18th 

23rd

But I agree about Tuesday , I think that rolls under and deepens at the BM

Not a bad start to the pattern 

I agree with the sentiment of you two and I like this storm for a good hit. Teleconnections are favorable, and the atmosphere looks rather primed. Ssts will also give this a nice boost, and I believe this may be in part what models are looking at (I'm regards to what eps is picking up on). A long way to go, but this may be something we haven't seen in quite a long time up the eastern seaboard.

On 12/4/2017 at 11:43 AM, snowman19 said:

“Crankyweatherguy” on twitter has a whole new detailed tweet chain explaining why this weekend is going to be a total non event for the metro area. Just snow showers that at best may amount to a dusting or coating. Here is just one of his tweets on this, check out his other tweets as well:

2 for the price of 1

7 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I may get annihilated for even saying this, but I could see some similarities to Dec 30, 2000 especially irt PHL being on the Southern fringes with NYC points N and E getting hit pretty good. Synoptic setup isn't terribly far off either.

It's early Ralph but I think you see accumulating snow.

The main axis will be from 80 on N and probably focused in New England 

Archived