Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jviper said:

I think there are some very lost souls who get off on having to post about everything they think of and getting streetcred buy having a large post count. I think the mods should step it up in on the operational pages but I guess it overwhelms them too.

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

I like fried chicken

1 hour ago, jviper said:

And there you have it. 

Your one of them.

As far as I'm concerned I see no issue with leesburg's post...why? Cause this IS BANTER! I do agree that in the op threads that a more disciplined approach would be nice.

Look, guys.  I would love to have a more disciplined LR thread.  The fellow mods here have begged and pleaded for people to cut back on the crap posts.  I am not a full time mod nor do I want to spend my every day here going over post after post and weighing the value of each one.  

This place has always allowed some free wheeling during the lulls, which are 90% of the time, and when a specific threat appears then we clamp down.

i get it tho.  A few posters take it to the extreme with how frequent they post and it is annoying the crap out of people.

Not sure which is more gut-wrenching.....a short term bust from SECS to OTS verification or the recent LR ensemble means precip total charts from 7+ days ago that showed absolutely no way we get thru the first week of January without significant precip but now have the driest look that I personally ever recall seeing across the board. I guess having a SECS on your doorstep only to watch the radar moving it OTS is the worst but man, those moisture driven ens mean LR looks to a dry fail sting rather badly.

9 minutes ago, Warrior Bigfoot said:

And I understand the persistence argument, but is there any basis to that? Or is “dry begets dry” talk, which is unfounded adage.

I think that if professionals are aware and abide by this in some form or fashion, then I think you've answered your own question.  If persistence wasn't a real thing, then no long-term anomalies would ever occur.

25 minutes ago, Warrior Bigfoot said:

And I understand the persistence argument, but is there any basis to that? Or is “dry begets dry” talk, which is unfounded adage.

It was just to get the point across that storms showing up in the models every few days then suppressed is a signal things will go on as they have for a while. IE...I wouldn’t get my hopes up for a meaningful snow event for a while.

13 minutes ago, alexderiemer said:

This days reading has me all depressed. Haven't seem the mood on here this down in quite some time

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Weather isn't always about being glad and shiny. It can cut you and break you. Most folks don't realize there is much sadness hidden in weather.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived