Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter String

George BM

3 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Nah, just another typical day on the weather forums during the winter season.

Considering the euro just put out back to back runs with big events, I kinda thought we handled it unusually realistic. 

I will say this, if this event is doomed I hope it's taken away in the next 24 hours because another 2 days of this and everyone (including me) will start to bite. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All week after xmas I'm just bumming around the house, except Saturday when I am driving to pine grove PA for lunch with inlaws then taking the family to Christmas village near reading then driving back home. This will be just enough snow to make that whole thing an ordeal. 

figueres last time I went up for a day trip earlier this month I got food poisoning then caught in a surprise snow on the way home. Stopping to throw up every 20 mins in snow on icy roads with a screaming 3 year old who wants me to see Christmas lights the whole way. I could do without that experience ever again. 

38 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Considering the euro just put out back to back runs with big events, I kinda thought we handled it unusually realistic. 

I will say this, if this event is doomed I hope it's taken away in the next 24 hours because another 2 days of this and everyone (including me) will start to bite. 

Ehh if we're sitting on the back edge needing some crazy capture no way I would feel confident until I can see the wall of snow coming at us on radar like in Jan 2000. Remember what happened to places in NJ in 2015. 20-30" became nothing inside 36 hours. 

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Much of this subforum couldn't survive that. It'd be you, and Jeb left. Maybe Bob. Maybe. 

Whoa whoa whoa!  I have a wall of beer in my house that could withstand anything! Well...I mean unless Jeb decides to come over and knock it down by shoveling it.....and insisting he shovel it back into my recycle bin. Well then I’m out!  Back to Bob and Jeb I guess. God speed and may the force be with them. LOLZ 

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

Your right, wasn't a bad day on the boards. But when that Hail Mary storm next week goes bye-bye the melt down on these boards will put the Holidays melt down to shame. Hope I am wrong on both accounts but I wouldn't put good money on it with that convoluted set up.

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Weeklies say winter is over except for a brief stretch in early Feb. I'm out. I can't decide what to do....either start the winter of 18-19 thread or say later y'all until October. 

Wait until tonight's Euro before deciding.  That allows you to plan causing bodily harm to others if the Euro pulls the storm AND cancelling winter in one short act of violence. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived