Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, mappy said:

Also, can someone explain to me the “we take” phrase? Where exactly are we taking a digital model output?

Never much cared for that phrase myself.  But I believe it's used for situations where things aren't necessarily the greatest look, but given alternatives or trends that haven't looked great, we'd "take it" as is modeled (if it worked out that way) before it gets worse.  Something like that.  I guess it's sort of analogous to the "La-la-la-lock it up!" phrase when a storm is modeled as a HECS.  I see your point, on the one hand it's modeled digital snow, not like we have control over it in advance and not like we can "choose" anything.  On the other hand, it's just a hope or wish that that solution works out.  That's probably more explanation than you cared for, but that's how I interpret it! :lol:

6 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Bob is out I'm out.  How soon before we get warm? It's like someone dropped a yule log in the punch bowl

Nah, I'm not out. Way too early for that. The exit sign is just burning a little brighter this morning. Lol. The big storm setup seems to be fading. I'm like you though. I just like snow. Any event this week will be satisfying. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Nah, I'm not out. Way too early for that. The exit sign is just burning a little brighter this morning. Lol. The big storm setup seems to be fading. I'm like you though. I just like snow. Any event this week will be satisfying. 

I want to see snow this week, and I am off work so I will travel if it looks like our area ends up in the jip zone. Canaan is a safe bet, and even the DE beaches if the southern piece manages to scrape the MA coast and miss here. Rehoboth was a super fun chase for last January's snowstorm.

4 minutes ago, Negnao said:

That one still hurts for a lot of us. I think worse than the snowquester disaster. 

I came back early from Christmas trip with my family in tow to beat the storm. Oops.

i want “fire hose of moisture” to return to the modeling today as opposed to “ that’s a lot of moving pieces dominated by northern stream”...

18 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I love all snow small events count in my book. I know we have a bunch of homerun hitters only on here...cough cough ji cough cough but I won't lie when these things start to fall apart it still is disappointing.  Those kooky models love to f with us. Ensembles only as accurate as the next run imho.

12 hours ago, Scraff said:

I have to check in to the banter thread more often!  Been drinking some great brews this evening courtesy of Barley and Hops in Frederick. Uber Pils and Double IPA for the win...probably slurred that a bit. 

Anyway, I actually have a vertical of BCS waiting for a special snowy night. Bottles from 2009-2015 (will need some help to get thru them all).  Sadly though, no 2011. Think before an epic Jebwalk during the last blizzard, I might have “accidentally” in all my excitement decided it was a great idea to drink that one. Yeah. I’m still mad that I broke the chain. Ah well. It’s just liquid...that helps make the world a better place some days. Cheers!

That’s a money vertical, even if it’s got a small gap in there.

7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I think Mrs. J would be proud of my pistachio cranberry biscotti. It’ll be so good with coffee while watching snow falling later this week.

78DB439D-3C29-464A-8F18-9BA9D6B1631A.thumb.jpeg.6f6f8201f5860e206a82da3623e0ad7e.jpeg

Their going to last to the end of the week? lol not here!

43 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Had a small opened bottle of tonic left over from our Christmas party a couple weeks ago that’s going to go flat, so doing my duty enjoying a Tanqueray and tonic. Oh the smell of juniper!

I got a bottle of gin at an exchange party a couple weeks ago. I’ve never had it so want to try some. Recipe from the website of the gin maker seems easy enough

1 1/2 oz green hat gin

1/2 oz fresh lime

ice

club soda or any carbonated water

7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Good call on the ham. Might need to get more. We’re gonna have a packed room at around 1:15. Lot of strung out weenies expected.

Hope you are making a list, checking it twice. Don't want any weenies baling now and then trying to jump back in when the models start going to town in a day or so.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived