Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter String

George BM

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

yeah i get it.  On point some time ago.  Hope all is ok. 

My honest opinion on Chuck. The man is a very gifted person/poster and he is just putting on a good show. A handful of his posts are serious but they are few and far between. Feels like I started this trend of strange posting styles and for that I apologize. I think it adds flavor to the board, maybe after sometime it would get tedious and detract a bit.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

My honest opinion on Chuck. The man is a very gifted person/poster and he is just putting on a good show. A handful of his posts are serious but they are few and far between. Feels like I started this trend of strange posting styles and for that I apologize. I think it adds flavor to the board, maybe after sometime it would get tedious and detract a bit.

truth told you do have a "unique" style.  Its not that its not welcome, but when most posts are as such, it tends to clutter up fantastic discussions. 

Its understandable why this forum tries hard to be what it is.  You wont go many places and get this much quality convo/disco without super dooper top secret security clearance. B)

I for one....value what we get here for the donation/price.

20 minutes ago, 93Blizzard said:

Why do you care? It'll be gone next run. 

I care. Just because it would be fun to dream on even though it is clearly not gonna be progged right at day 10. Is your shtik constant negativity for some reason I need to know about? This is banter, his/her post was plenty okay for this forum...

13 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I care. Just because it would be fun to dream on even though it is clearly not gonna be progged right at day 10. Is your shtik constant negativity for some reason I need to know about? This is banter, his/her post was plenty okay for this forum...

Am I posting at all in the discussion thread?

1 hour ago, 93Blizzard said:

Am I posting at all in the discussion thread?

You are attacking a post in banter, so, no? I was wondering why you felt the need to piss on a banter post that someone made where they were hopeful. And also why pretty much every one of your posts has been negative. Hence, my wondering if your shtik was part of some reason that mattered or just you being kind of a jerk. Carry on.

3 hours ago, H2O said:

Wx geeks are more accepted now than ever but there is still a odd group that are attracted to this hobby.  My hope is that people get the help they might need if needed.  i know a bit too much about mental health issues and how limited resources are for those who are in need.  

not that I'm a spokesperson for Amwx but I do get the frustration some have for how things have been of late and would apologize for that.

"If"

3 hours ago, Vice-Regent said:

I agree. It's definitely not me either.

3 hours ago, H2O said:

Wx geeks are more accepted now than ever but there is still a odd group that are attracted to this hobby.  My hope is that people get the help they might need if needed.  i know a bit too much about mental health issues and how limited resources are for those who are in need.  

So true and so sad. Weather can be a fun little hobby, yet it can also lead to sorrow. Folks just need to be careful and look out for each other. 

7 hours ago, H2O said:

not that I'm a spokesperson for Amwx but I do get the frustration some have for how things have been of late and would apologize for that.

I wish more odd weather peeps would go into academia. Feels bad being the only chain smoking grad student at NCWCP. Seriously, that smoking area is f-ing empty except for overworked IT guys. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

LR thread is overflowing with optimism like uncorked champagne. If we fail over the next 2 weeks another thread is going to be overflowing....and it won't be with optimism. The highest highs are usually followed by the lowest lows....lol

You promised us a SWFE next week.  This on you. ;)

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

LR thread is overflowing with optimism like uncorked champagne. If we fail over the next 2 weeks another thread is going to be overflowing....and it won't be with optimism. The highest highs are usually followed by the lowest lows....lol

Honestly, there would be more panic if we didn't have snow yet. All airports are close to climo for December already. If we don't get any snow events during January, then it's time to panic. December events are extra

11 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Also, it takes a special type of winter to measure no snow in January/February/and March. March has been very kind to us as well, and so if we can get any snow in the next 2 weeks, I'll be very optimistic about beating climo in terms of snowfall

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived