Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Those were 2”+ rates...I can’t even imagine what those 6”/hr rates were like during the storm that hit CT/NE...Nemo?

We had 4”/hr rates in 2009-2010 and maybe in January 2016 - at least for a time. I think once you get to that point you don’t know the difference.

I think it was graupel. Had some fall to the SE of where I was. That was one of the greatest storms I’ve ever seen.

I did my Radar meteorology project on this storm and that very band. It was tough to determine whether or not it was truly hail or graupel. Dual Pol signified CC readings were more characteristic of small hail and had some weight with the uncharacteristically high mid-level instability within the deformation axis over Connecticut. Found one video of someone holding a stone and it was a bit larger than graupel usually is. EL levels rose to 30k within the band according to GR2 3D scan, so it did have the potential. I honestly think it was a brief hail period in there, but jury still out on it. I was in Waltham, Mass during that storm. 32” and 7-8’ drifts. Never in my life have I seen wind in a snowstorm like that. Multiple gravity wave structures. Just absolutely incredible. Top 3 storm for me and one I’ll never forget.

Is this real? I mean, it's cold for S Florida, but not frigid to the nearest extent. Pretty sure you could go outside naked for the entire night and not get close to hypothermia

This morning Homestead hit the upper 40’s which is one of the coldest Dec temps there in last few decades. My Keys site was in upper 50’s this morning according to local temps obs over Cudjoe Key. That’s very rare for early Dec down there. Quite the cold push over most of the CONUS. 1048 HP over Montana will do that.

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

@MillvilleWx & @supernovasky

Meant to do this earlier but I too am dealing with a lot. 

I really appreciate your contributions to this board. I've said it before, but in a way we're all (well mostly :lol:) friends. 

Know that you have a lot of support here and that I'm thinking of you both. What you're dealing with is not easy, and hopefully my nonsensical and semi-serious posts help pick you up when frustrated or down. 

Hey thanks a ton you! I’m pulling through it. Out of the hospital now, and relatively well pain managed, so it’s all good. And I can’t be too upset... I got my >3” of snow!

Jeremy Maclin is soft. Dean Pees continues to be a trash play caller in crunch time. No help over the top on AB all game with Carr who is very average. This was Pees futility at his finest. No aggression at all and it’s like they never learn vs Steelers. Deja Vu x3. Pathetic. Alex Collins looks great. O-line coming around. There’s some good take aways in this one, but Pees has to freakin go.

7 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Jeremy Maclin is soft. Dean Pees continues to be a trash play caller in crunch time. No help over the top on AB all game with Carr who is very average. This was Pees futility at his finest. No aggression at all and it’s like they never learn vs Steelers. Deja Vu x3. Pathetic. Alex Collins looks great. O-line coming around. There’s some good take aways in this one, but Pees has to freakin go.

Before the game I told my dad the Ravens would lose because the D would gack it up at the end. Well, they stunk it up the whole game against a legit QB, and they did the usual Swiss Pees with the game on the line. To be fair, the offensive play calling was horrendous the last few drives when they could have put it away. But yeah Pees is garbage and this D will never be very good with him as coordinator. No pass rush, and all those "great" acquisitions in that secondary...all that depth, still sliced and diced for 500 yds. I mean, Jesse James? Pathetic.

Before the game I told my dad the Ravens would lose because the D would gack it up at the end. Well, they stunk it up the whole game against a legit QB, and they did the usual Swiss Pees with the game on the line. To be fair, the offensive play calling was horrendous the last few drives when they could have put it away. But yeah Pees is garbage and this D will never be very good with him as coordinator. No pass rush, and all those "great" acquisitions in that secondary...all that depth, still sliced and diced for 500 yds. I mean, Jesse James? Pathetic.

They kept playing middle zone with the LB’s all night and James just kept finding the soft spot. It was legit embarrassing to watch the secondary look like they’ve never played football. Why did we not double and triple AB all night is beyond me. He can’t be covered 1v1 by virtually any CB in NFL. And Tony Jefferson needs to stay off Twitter and get in film and weight room. Horrible coverage on a freakin FB for that one TD. He should be picking his pocket. Offensive play calling was bad end of game. Stopped running it after how we were gashing them. I’ll say this, Jeremy Maclin needs to pack up and leave after this season. He doesn’t do anything. How do you drop that pass on final drive? It was a good hit, but man up. I’ve seen Julian Edelman take harder licks and come down with similar balls. All about wanting it and he obviously didn’t want it. Idc if I’ve never played NFL ball. You catch that cuz that’s what good WR’s do in the clutch. Out coached and out willed for the 3rd straight time in Pittsburgh.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived