Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter String

George BM

20 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I like that the obs thread is filled with whining and I can sit in the banter thread and see a red-tag be optimistic. 

About ready to leave it. Things look fine as far as I can see. Doubt we see the totals on yesterdays runs but I think we are good for a widespread 1-3 inch event through the general DC/Balt corridor. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It's like being the sober person at a party of drunk fools. (some of) You people make me really angry sometimes. 

You can get as angry as you want, you will still never claim me for your panic room. :)

Normally don't visit the obs thread on setups where you are waiting to have snow develop over head for this very reason. Unless I want a good laugh.

16 minutes ago, das said:

I bought a second place just south of Burlington. We’ll retire there one day and we go up around once per month. I figured I had to go above 45N to not be disappointed with the annual snowfall. A bad year there is 50” and a good year is 120”+. That said, while they’ve had a few dustings so far this year (and all the ponds are already frozen over), little old Clarksburg here at 39N will beat them to an inch on the year. Until they blow by next week....

Love Vermont. I've thought about going up there someday. But I love the big 20"+ storms that we get here every few years. They tend to just get a ton of moderate events up there. I'm not sure where the best mix of consistent snowcover and lots of blockbuster storms is. Maybe somewhere in Massachusetts or Maine. 

20 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Love Vermont. I've thought about going up there someday. But I love the big 20"+ storms that we get here every few years. They tend to just get a ton of moderate events up there. I'm not sure where the best mix of consistent snowcover and lots of blockbuster storms is. Maybe somewhere in Massachusetts or Maine. 

PSU - I turn 47 on Monday and have been studying that question for a few years now with an eye toward retirement. I think somewhere in NH between Concord and the white mountains gets a bit of both worlds - consistent snow and cashes in on nor’easters. That’s my retirement aim someday, wherever that place is.

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Whew, good to see the stress level drop in that thread. We needed snow. 

It’s always the same every storm...went on my first Jebwalk already...grass white, fire lit, Christmas tree decorating, and snow most of the day on December 9th....Awesome!

25 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

If you go to Waterbury or other small towns near the ski areas, you'll see 20"+ storms almost every year on average. Burlington's 80" average is actually pretty low compared to other towns not so far away.

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

I've got my blinds open and plan to get the Christmas tree fired up and some stew on the stove later on. This is the kind of day we spend way too much time dreaming of, why not enjoy it when the dream comes true?

Maybe it’s the perception that every single storm has to be 24 and SN+....I guess I’m old enough now to appreciate it!

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It's like being the sober person at a party of drunk fools. (some of) You people make me really angry sometimes. 

It's awful.

35 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

PSU - I turn 47 on Monday and have been studying that question for a few years now with an eye toward retirement. I think somewhere in NH between Concord and the white mountains gets a bit of both worlds - consistent snow and cashes in on nor’easters. That’s my retirement aim someday, wherever that place is.

Are still bike riding? There are some bike trails around the city that I haven't been on and want to check out sometime. I'd be riding a city bike so speed is not an option!!

29 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Going to take the dog and boy over to the nature center and knock out 3 miles in the woods. Love me some daytime snowfall. 

Enjoy! Days like this is when I really wish that I had kids. 

(Then I go to work and ugh)

39 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Yea by bet is somewhere from northeast interior Mass up through interior eastern Maine is the best mix. That area gets some massive coastal but usually consistent snowcover also. I'd like to be somewhere that had snowcover for xmas 90% of the time. Colorado is my other option I've discussed with the wife. We love it there. I would give up the big noreasters for that lifestyle and the skiing. 

18 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Man y’all, I needed this. After last years bummerfest and being in a bit of ill health, early December snow is happiness.

Enjoy. Maybe you get your first big nor'easter this year too. Hopefully. Last year sucked as a first winter up here. You probably felt right at home. 

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

ORH

Too bad it sucks there otherwise. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived