Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Gosh darn people, it's the first storm of the year. So what places to the South got more snow than us. There's a reason our average snowfall per year is higher than them. They get their storms, we get ours. We're not gonna get nothing from this storm, and at the very least we will get 1". We have a full 3 months of potential winter. The sheer fact that we will get snow in early December is a good sign.

I live in middle Calvert country... there’s nothing on the ground.. had a nice coating when I got home, it’s long gone and there’s maybe 5 flakes per minute falling out of the sky..... 

1 minute ago, Stormpc said:

Any December snow is a bonus. 2 inches on the 9th is fine. 5 Is spectacular. SNOW tv acceptable as well. Radar does look sad, but we are used to this. I would expect some improvement soon. 

Can’t agree more.  Especially regarding the radar...seems to be getting worse each time I look at it.  Maybe I should stop looking lol

10 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

6" to them is the equivalent of 36" for us lol

His entire county probably has one snow plow

I know my Climo. Dale City will never ever see 36 inches of snow in one storm, until the next ice age.

With that said, if we got 36 inches of snow in one storm, I would be in heaven. I would be systematically digging everyone out in Dale City, and when I got done with that, I'd start on Woodbridge.

1 minute ago, Jebman said:

I know my Climo. Dale City will never ever see 36 inches of snow in one storm, until the next ice age.

With that said, if we got 36 inches of snow in one storm, I would be in heaven. I would be systematically digging everyone out in Dale City, and when I got done with that, I'd start on Woodbridge.

Next ice age will still be incredibly dry for DC area and will paste everywhere south of us with average of 125" of precip per year

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived