Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, fourseasons said:

I've had Wyoming bourbon too, and I agree.

Alaska is good as well.

I've never had the Alaska. I'd pick it up if I see it.

10 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Second is Duclaw for Pete’s sake. Holy sh-t it’s good.

When one red-tagger is in to his second big beer before 6 pm and another red-tagger is drinking a beer while clearing leaves off of his driveway, I like our chances for snow.

12 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

I’m so excited for my first EVER 3” snow! Spent all day today in the chemotherapy ward, this would REALLLLLY brighten my day tomorrow.

Oh dear!  The chemo ward?  And now I'm rooting for 3 or more inches of snow for you.

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

When one red-tagger is in to his second big beer before 6 pm and another red-tagger is drinking a beer while clearing leaves off of his driveway, I like our chances for snow.

I really want to hang out and drink beer until it starts but I have to go coach basketball in 30 mins.

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I really want to hang out and drink beer until it starts but I have to go coach basketball in 30 mins.

This is going to be the first decent sized storm I'll wake up to with no hangover. Lol. Last year was a bust and I was still drinking during the blizzard. 

Before people rush to judgement....lol....I was overweight and got a sub par physical in 2015. So I cut way back on everything and fixed everything. But I couldn't knock the last 10 lbs to my target last year so I figured I'd quit drinking completely for a while. Lost the weight easy peasy and just never started drinking again. I've actually grown quite fond of a booze free healthy lifestyle. I'm getting too old to party like a college kid I guess. Haha

1 minute ago, supernovasky said:

I made it sound worse than it was. I need monthly treatments but it’s not cancer just a neuromuscular thing. But I sit there with a lot of cancer patients and it’s sad.

I'm sure it is.  I grew up around lots and lots of snow so it's normal for me.  I may have shovel the stuff but for your sake I hope we have a great snowfall season!

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

If it's little kids, you'll need a beer.

3 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

I made it sound worse than it was. I need monthly treatments but it’s not cancer just a neuromuscular thing. But I sit there with a lot of cancer patients and it’s sad.

That is sad. Hoping that you're on the mend.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

This is going to be the first decent sized storm I'll wake up to with no hangover. Lol. Last year was a bust and I was still drinking during the blizzard. 

Before people rush to judgement....lol....I was overweight and got a sub par physical in 2015. So I cut way back on everything and fixed everything. But I couldn't knock the last 10 lbs to my target last year so I figured I'd quit drinking completely for a while. Lost the weight easy peasy and just never started drinking again. I've actually grown quite fond of a booze free healthy lifestyle. I'm getting too old to party like a college kid I guess. Haha

We need an unlike button. ;)

i know what you mean about those last ten pounds. Well, 15 here, but I get it.

4 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Having my grandmother doing chemo treatment and being their occasionally with her, it is sad to see. I'm glad you get to experience this December snowfall with us! In my short lifetime I've only experienced 3 good Decembers with good snowfall that I remember. 2010 when I was too young, 2011 which I kinda remember, and 2013 where I wasn't interested in the weather, so a sort of first for both of us! Good luck, and I hope you double your 3" prediction!

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

We need an unlike button. ;)

i know what you mean about those last ten pounds. Well, 15 here, but I get it.

I love all you guys and gals posting about your top shelf libations. Vicarious right here. Plus I drank fairly regularly for basically 35 years. Everybody has a limit and I hit mine. Not saying I'll never drink again though. Just going through life a different way right now and it's a lot easier than I thought. I still go out to parties/concerts etc and then drive everyone home. lol

7 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Having my grandmother doing chemo treatment and being their occasionally with her, it is sad to see. I'm glad you get to experience this December snowfall with us! In my short lifetime I've only experienced 3 good Decembers with good snowfall that I remember. 2010 when I was too young, 2011 which I kinda remember, and 2013 where I wasn't interested in the weather, so a sort of first for both of us! Good luck, and I hope you double your 3" prediction!

Yay! Doesn’t take much to make me happy in terms of snow. Watching all my Cajun friends in Louisiana frolick in I while saying “me cher” and “c’est es bon” is doing it for me tonight haha.

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Lol dude you all stay up for the euro before storms. I’ve only stayed up for the 0z GFS like twice.

I got it made. I work from home but I deal with clients coast to coast so I work later than most. Dont deal with traffic or commuting. Paid my dues for 20 years though. Nowadays i rarely have to get up before 8am unless I want to. Like tomorrow for instance. Lol

8 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I love all you guys and gals posting about your top shelf libations. Vicarious right here. Plus I drank fairly regularly for basically 35 years. Everybody has a limit and I hit mine. Not saying I'll never drink again though. Just going through life a different way right now and it's a lot easier than I thought. I still go out to parties/concerts etc and then drive everyone home. lol

I've got two hundred oysters in the garage and kegged an oyster stout that's getting tapped for our Christmas party tomorrow night. If you want to make the drive, I'll bet you'd want to try the stout! 

On that note, I'm hoping the snow cuts down some of the normal crowd we get so we have more oysters left over for Sunday football. And any of peeps near my hood are welcome tomorrow evening. 

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I've got two hundred oysters in the garage and kegged an oyster stout that's getting tapped for our Christmas party tomorrow night. If you want to make the drive, I'll bet you'd want to try the stout! 

On that note, I'm hoping the snow cuts down some of the normal crowd we get so we have more oysters left over for Sunday football. And any of peeps near my hood are welcome tomorrow evening. 

You are the most Maryland person I know. LOL

1 minute ago, THEREALTOR1 said:

General question... does an early winter storm like this offer a better chance for a coastal L to bomb out after transfer, due to ocean temps being elevated (compared to say mid Jan - late Feb)??

ruc00hr_sfc_temp.gif

In this case the jet is screaming so it won't be a classic wrapped up comma like other coastals. The storm is much more elongated and has several waves running the boundary. There isnt a strong cold hp to the north so circulation will be weak. Its not a good setup for explosive development.

What this storm does have going for it is a sick fetch of moisture feeding it. That and great jet support should be pretty efficient at wringing out the atmosphere without going through rapid intensification or passing by as a deep low pressure. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

In this case the jet is screaming so it won't be a classic wrapped up comma like other coastals. The storm is much more elongated and has several waves running the boundary. There isnt a strong cold hp to the north so circulation will be weak. Its not a good setup for explosive development.

What this storm does have going for it is a sick fetch of moisture feeding it. That and great jet support should be pretty efficient at wringing out the atmosphere without going through rapid intensification or passing by as a deep low pressure. 

Some recent global models show that over the Gulf Stream late tomorrow afternoon as the low pulls away.

8 minutes ago, THEREALTOR1 said:

General question... does an early winter storm like this offer a better chance for a coastal L to bomb out after transfer, due to ocean temps being elevated (compared to say mid Jan - late Feb)??

Maybe this is interesting, December precip in La Nina's since 2000.

cd173.64.71.204.341.17.2.18.prcp.png

1 minute ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

Some recent global models show that over the Gulf Stream.

It's not consolidated and it will be moving really fast. The moisture feed is a beaut though. Think about it...it's snowing now just to our south and lp is way far south. Low won't pass our latitude for over 12 hours from now. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived