SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this has been said before, but the Army-Navy game will be played in interesting conditions.

(College GameDay will broadcast in interesting conditions, and the show will focus most of its three hours on the playoff and the Heisman.  Corso will pick Navy, because Corso coached there and he got a bathrobe out of a bet with an Army coach.  If tradition continues, Roger Staubach will be the guest picker.)

3 minutes ago, SoCoWx said:

Changeover happened in Richmond proper around 2:30 PM—way ahead of schedule based on everything everyone’s been saying. It’s been moderate snow since.

For reference, I’m in Monroe Ward, on the corners of Grace St. and Monroe St.

Unless something changes, I think DT’s forecast will end up being on the conservative side.

Also, shout out to Elinwood's earlier map! 

And because they never want to miss a chance to commit too early and be horribly wrong....

Fairfax Schools activities are all cancelled for tomorrow.  Let's check 1) it's Friday at 5PM; 2) there is no school tomorrow, only sports leagues and the like, and 3) not a flake has fallen.  I suspect the person who has to make the call at 6 AM tomorrow wants to sleep in.

1 minute ago, Don Cherry's Jacket said:

And because they never want to miss a chance to commit too early and be horribly wrong....

Fairfax Schools activities are all cancelled for tomorrow.  Let's check 1) it's Friday at 5PM; 2) there is no school tomorrow, only sports leagues and the like, and 3) not a flake has fallen.  I suspect the person who has to make the call at 6 AM tomorrow wants to sleep in.

Who can blame them?!

49 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I don't much care what this storm does. I scored a bottle of Founders CBS on the way home. Woop!

9 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Drinking a troegs blizzard of hops to get into the spirit.

7 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Drinking a Dogfish Head WWS. Was all I could do to not open the Founders CBS. I cant see that surviving the weekend.

3 minutes ago, Scuddz said:

Just brought home a 4pk of New Holland mocha mint drangons milk myself

Damn! You guys are awesome! I've got two bourbon county stouts in the fridge but not touching them until snow is falling. Tonight I think I'll finish the last of the Heavy Seas Greater Pumpkin. 

Getting my 3 year old ready to go out to hang up some more lights and he seemed excited and keeps looking outside. I asked why and he said "gonna snow morrow". I assumed my wife told him. I wasn't going too in case it doesn't. But she says she didn't. Maybe he was paying attention to the news or something. 

2 minutes ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

You know what, I’ll be the first to say it. I f****** hate it when folks 50 miles away have white grass and I’m here on the outside looking in. 

And yes... i know it’s coming eventually but damn i am jealous.

I'm sure the folks to the SE of us feel the same way when we get 2-3 feet worth of our MECS and they get 6-10 sloppy inches of snow

9 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

What are you getting into? I picked up a bottle of Wyoming Bourbon a couple weeks back just because I wanted to be in Wyoming, and it's dang tasty.

I'm partial to jack, Jim, and knob creek.  But I'm currently working on...RenderedContent-087823C0-DD91-42FF-98C9-53B02D8C5C98.thumb.JPG.58e86bbb78588722269b165ee37b4fd7.JPG

not as big of a scotch fan but it will do in a pinch. And the Evan Williams can wash it down. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived