Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter String

George BM

5 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Your model analysis is solid, it's the play by play waffle by others that gives me the jeebies...it could be just me though. I typically live in the banter thread anyway unless I'm trying to give H20 and mappy a headache

:wub:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a weekend event, and my comment is hardly worth mentioning, but I'm a little surprised the lwx doesn't have watches under the advisories in some areas.  They used to do that in marginal events, right?  Issue an advisory over a watch, I mean.  Maybe it's a personnel change.  I don't know how much flexibility each office has in issuing watches, adv, and warnings in events that could go either way.

Like I said though, hardly worth mentioning. 

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It's a weekend event, and my comment is hardly worth mentioning, but I'm a little surprised the lwx doesn't have watches under the advisories in some areas.  They used to do that in marginal events, right?  Issue an advisory over a watch, I mean.  Maybe it's a personnel change.  I don't know how much flexibility each office has in issuing watches, adv, and warnings in events that could go either way.

Like I said though, hardly worth mentioning. 

more than likely, due to the uncertainty, it will go WWA to warnings where need be later today

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Okay.  I've cleaned all the bathrooms, but now I'm going out to cut the grass/get up the leaves.  And clear the fire pit of the 10" of ash.  We are going to need that tomorrow night.  

When I come back, I want to hear about how the 12z gfs ticked another 30 miles west and see some pinks on the LWX page.

can you drive north and clean up my yard too? grass should be fine, but I think the pool cover needs a good skimming. 

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Yup. Looks like a blend of the 0z and 6z runs. Now we wait to see where the totally unexpected farther NW deathband develops.

P.S. I have a guess!!

I'll be home all day tomorrow, you are welcome to make the trip north. Bring beer though, I'm running low. 

4 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

People are going to be really surprised tomorrow morning. Lots of people have no idea why the roads are treated. I'm supposed to drive out from Arlington to FFX City tomorrow morning, but color me skeptical.

Good thing its Saturday, if this was a weekday tomorrows commute would stink 

7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

GFS looks perfect for the mappy-Hoffman surprise: “I really like thought I’d be lucky to have flurries but I’ve measured 7” at four different spots in my yard. Wow, never saw this coming!”

dont hate the player, hate your climo

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived