Weathernoob335
December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I haven't.

Maybe it is just me then. Kind of pi**ed me off though. Normal routine is to read the overnight comments to see if there is anything to possibly add. When I didn't see any for the GFS, which I did find unusual, I thought I would give a run down for those waking up. Needless to say people were already aware of the run and I was just wasting my time. 

2 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Maybe it is just me then. Kind of pi**ed me off though. Normal routine is to read the overnight comments to see if there is anything to possibly add. When I didn't see any for the GFS, which I did find unusual, I thought I would give a run down for those waking up. Needless to say people were already aware of the run and I was just wasting my time. 

You're never wasting your time.  I think most everyone would agree that they enjoy waking up to your summaries.

52 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Please do not stop doing your morning summaries.

49 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Thank you, I appreciate that. 

I did notice the post count was low so I tried to add what I could.  But please keep up with the morning rundowns.  Always a good read during the morning coffee!

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Also, definitely a weenie thought, but temps keep busting low from forecast, and I find myself thinking maybe that will be helpful with storms this winter if that pattern continues.

Has the feel of one of those winters that just "wants" to be cold.

Hopefully it will also want to snow a lot too.

29 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Oftentimes, I'll read one thread, and when I hit Back, the rest of the threads no longer show up as having unread messages. It's as if I've marked the forum as read, but I actually haven't. Perhaps that's what happening.

32 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Please do not stop doing your morning summaries.

28 minutes ago, LP08 said:

I did notice the post count was low so I tried to add what I could.  But please keep up with the morning rundowns.  Always a good read during the morning coffee!

Thank you both. Again it is much appreciated.

24 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Oftentimes, I'll read one thread, and when I hit Back, the rest of the threads no longer show up as having unread messages. It's as if I've marked the forum as read, but I actually haven't. Perhaps that's what happening.

That very well could be. It has happened several times before but I dismissed it then to operator error or the lack of coffee in the morning. And yes possibly to old age and senility setting in as well. :) 

1 hour ago, mappy said:

if you throw in the towel 5-days out from an event that is complicated in nature; i will mock you and troll you if you decide later you are "all in"

fair warning. 

But that's what we do best here in the mid-Atlantic. :P

59 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s almost watch list worthy.

Wait till everyone finds out that I am secretly taking money from you on the sly for boosting their hopes just so they can be dashed when the models fold. :ph34r:

By the way. My weekly paycheck has yet to arrive. Get on that, would you.

Folks, I think it's important to remember we should keep a positive attitude going for this event. All these negative waves and "throwing in the towel" will likely affect the system's chance of reaching it's full potential. 

Cheers!  

18 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Ravens offense actually looked like a legit NFL offense today.

The D keeps doing it with the takeaways....leading the league with 29. Too bad about Jimmy Smith, but cornerback is one position the Ravens have good and young depth.

And Jimmy just got hit for a PED suspension today. So he's out anyway.

16 minutes ago, UIWWildthing said:

And Jimmy just got hit for a PED suspension today. So he's out anyway.

Hmm.... it's already declared he's out for the season with the Achilles.  Does the 4 game suspension start now or does it wait until next year first four games?  Can you be on IR and serve suspension... or is he not on IR yet and can serve now?   Just wondering for next year I suppose. 

Just now, birdsofprey02 said:

Hmm.... it's already declared he's out for the season with the Achilles.  Does the 4 game suspension start now or does it wait until next year first four games?  Can you be on IR and serve suspension... or is he not on IR yet and can serve now?   Just wondering for next year I suppose. 

He's not been put on IR yet, so he is going to serve his suspension now. He would be put on IR for the playoffs. 

20 minutes ago, Goat_Fuente said:

I have a theory that we have a reversal of fates this year, we're under-performing in the regular season and therefore we must over-perform in the playoffs, opposite to what we always do. We're gonna win this time, *twitch* just watch us *twitch*.

If we make it past the trade deadline with no acquisitions, I'll sign up for this theory.

31 minutes ago, Goat_Fuente said:

I have a theory that we have a reversal of fates this year, we're under-performing in the regular season and therefore we must over-perform in the playoffs, opposite to what we always do. We're gonna win this time, *twitch* just watch us *twitch*.

Ha, I've been telling my friends who are Pens fan this exact same thing.  If we say it enough, it'll eventually come true, right?!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived