Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I don't know. I hope he is trolling because if he isn't then he has serious problems.  So a troll says they aren't trolling?  That is less then convincing to me.  The regularity that he flip flips from one extreme to the other and makes absolutely crazy unfounded predictions is hard to believe as genuine. And lately he is making the comments against the grain. After a bad run he says it looks great. After a good run he says it's awful. And his reasoning has been vague or sometimes well worded BS. Lots of big words that mean absolutely nothing. Again perhaps he isn't trolling but that's not good either. 

The latter is much more likely IMO.

4 hours ago, gymengineer said:

Gotcha. I guess for me, the early January clipper was enough “in the bank” to last awhile, and then there was the sloppy 2” clipper and the 2.5” on 1/26 that did cover the roads and get a snow day. I personally don’t remember January 2015 as bad at all—it was a decent winter month here. 

1/05 felt worse because we busted on our part of the Boston blizzard the-day-of (not 48-hr lead time). But now I understand that the tracking part was what was dismal for 1/15.

I remember that clipper in early January 2015...and yeah, that was sort of like money in the bank for awhile.  It even overperformed a decent amount as I recall (got around 3.5" where I'm at), and it was cold.  But then the remainder of that month was an exercise in futility other than the couple of slop events you mentioned later in January.  Most frustrating lost event I recall was one that looked good up through ~72 hours out, then it trended to going north of us and never looked back (it hit New England).  Then, suddenly, that 6-week period from February through about mid-March was great, though!  Brutal cold in Feb. with a couple of nice events, followed by an early March ice and that final 6-8" storm with a couple days below freezing around March 5th.

The 1/05 event you mentioned...is that the one that where we went to sleet and got dry-slotted after a good start, when we originally were looking at a solid 6-10" amount?

2 hours ago, dailylurker said:

Dude, where's the ignore option lol? I've been trying to ignore this Chuck guy. I can't properly lurk when I'm stumbling over stupid global warming b.s. post.

Wrong guy. Vice-Regant is the relentless, shove it down your throat, global warming freak. Chuck is the bipolar one.

Ravens offense actually looked like a legit NFL offense today.

The D keeps doing it with the takeaways....leading the league with 29. Too bad about Jimmy Smith, but cornerback is one position the Ravens have good and young depth.

I tried unbelieveably hard to stay up watch the game from start to finish, but I had to give up ghost at halftime. Overnights man, they are a killer! Anyway. Love the score I woke up to. I agree about the CB position. Humphrey time to step up. Offense looked solid for once. We gotta stop dropping passes though. We could’ve really hammered them into Earth in first half but had too many 3rd down drops. Wallace showed up big today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Ravens offense actually looked like a legit NFL offense today.

The D keeps doing it with the takeaways....leading the league with 29. Too bad about Jimmy Smith, but cornerback is one position the Ravens have good and young depth.

Losing Jimmy Smith is going to be HUGE. He basically took away half the field this season. He was having by far the best season of his career. It was brutal watching him go down like that. They toasted Humphrey as soon as he came in. He is a good young corner but he couldn't hold Smith's jock strap. When we play Roethlisberger or any good QB if we make the playoffs he will be exposed. It's amazing with all the injuries we have had and Flacco playing terrible and our receivers dropping almost every pass, we are still 7-5. 

Losing Jimmy Smith is going to be HUGE. He basically took away half the field this season. He was having by far the best season of his career. It was brutal watching him go down like that. They toasted Humphrey as soon as he came in. He is a good young corner but he couldn't hold Smith's jock strap. When we play Roethlisberger or any good QB if we make the playoffs he will be exposed. It's amazing with all the injuries we have had and Flacco playing terrible and our receivers dropping almost every pass, we are still 7-5. 

I think we can still compete vs top teams if our O line holds up. We’re gonna have to play some type of bracket coverage vs AB or we’ll get smoked. Brandon Carr gonna be an X factor imo. He might be covering 1v1 all Sunday because of help over top with Humphrey. I don’t have us winning vs Steelers, but I want to show we can hang and be competitive for 4Q. There’s gonna have to be a TON of stepping up next game across both sides of ball. In a rivalry game, you never know. We beat them 2 years ago with freakin Mallet as QB.

I'm as big a fan of cold as snow, so really looking forward to ending this relentless run of 50+ degree temps.  My bar for this month is ice forming on ponds, creeks and hopefully some main stem rivers.  Snow would be icing on the cake, but I keep thinking back to the 1.6" total I measured in Dec 2010 which is keeping expectations in check.

13 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

I'm as big a fan of cold as snow, so really looking forward to ending this relentless run of 50+ degree temps.  My bar for this month is ice forming on ponds, creeks and hopefully some main stem rivers.  Snow would be icing on the cake, but I keep thinking back to the 1.6" total I measured in Dex 2010 which is keeping expectations in check.

You and I are on the same page.

3 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

I think we can still compete vs top teams if our O line holds up. We’re gonna have to play some type of bracket coverage vs AB or we’ll get smoked. Brandon Carr gonna be an X factor imo. He might be covering 1v1 all Sunday because of help over top with Humphrey. I don’t have us winning vs Steelers, but I want to show we can hang and be competitive for 4Q. There’s gonna have to be a TON of stepping up next game across both sides of ball. In a rivalry game, you never know. We beat them 2 years ago with freakin Mallet as QB.

If we can be competitive into the 4th quarter I would consider that a huge win. 

Has anyone else had issues with posts not showing up? Went to the Dec long range thread earlier this morning and the last post up was roughly 10:30 pm or so. Couldn't figure out why there was no chatter on what was a good GFS run. Anyway looked just a little bit ago and now there are a ton of posts that were not there on the first go round. Is it me or have others had issues as well?

8 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Man, that's great. 

I put up my first tree tonight in my place. Had football, Christmas music, and egg nog, just like my childhood. This is such a special time of year. Snow or not. I'm so thankful. 

BTW, great avatar pic. You always do a great job picking, and I mean it sincerely when I say it brightens my day every time I see it. 

Thanks, brother! Like you, I really enjoy this time of the year. You're never too old to be a kid!

8 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Has anyone else had issues with posts not showing up? Went to the Dec long range thread earlier this morning and the last post up was roughly 10:30 pm or so. Couldn't figure out why there was no chatter on what was a good GFS run. Anyway looked just a little bit ago and now there are a ton of posts that were not there on the first go round. Is it me or have others had issues as well?

I haven't.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived