joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like barring any late day surprise, MRB will have a new record for the coldest high temp on New Year's Eve at 18, breaking the record of 19 set in 1962.  We look to do it again tomorrow with another record-breaker.

DCA and BWI will likely have their lowest NYE high since 1962 as well.  Pretty impressive.

14 hours ago, mappy said:

6:22am Christmas morning was the last time I was above freezing, with a high of 34.6, low that day 24

since then:

12/26: 30.7 20.9

12/27: 24.6 13.6

12/28: 19.8 8.4

12/29: 23.1 9.2

12/30: 29.6 14.9

Low of 9.8 today 

impressive stretch of cold 

Today’s numbers: 16.1 7.6

brr.

Appears that Jefferson County West Virginia got 1.5 to 2 inches of snow from that recent clipper. I was up there tonight for New Years. I started seeing more snow patches on ground along Rt 7, and especially at the Rt 7/Rt 9 region in that elevated area. Ponds and lakes are all frozen with snow on them, looks positively deep winter up there. I measured at least three quarters of an inch of snow in places at CharlesTown Races and Slots tonight, during a very short refreshing jebwalk up there. I must say the weather was MOST REFRESHING there tonight, I really brought in the New Year quite well, and memorably so lol.

Congrats to all fortunate souls residing along Rt 7, Rt 9 and in Jefferson County! You have SHWEET snow patches! I even noticed foot high piles of plowed snow in places along Rt 9!

I ENVY you all so much up there, with all of my very soul! I LOVE your climatology there so much!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Little late, but in....

Numbers for Dec from my location

Total precip was 0.62 inches, which places it as 2nd driest on record vs a normal of 2.96 inches, a -2.34 below normal. Wettest day was 6th with .23 inches. 7 days with measurable, 6 with T's and 18 dry. 1.9 inches of snow for the month vs a normal of 4.8, a -2.9 below normal. Heaviest snowfall for month was 1.5 inches on 10th. 

Average high for the month was 44.7 degrees, vs a normal of 45.3 degrees, a -0.6 below normal. Highest temp for month was 60.8 degrees on 20th.

Average low for month was 26.1 degrees vs a normal of 24.5 degrees, a +1.6 above normal. Lowest temp for month was 7.4 degrees on both the 28th and 29th.

Average temp for month was 35.4 degrees vs a normal of 34.9 degrees, a +0.5 above normal. 

One daily record, new record low max temp on 29th of 24.9 degrees.

Total calendar year had 40.89 inches of precip, with 7.2 inches of snowfall.

Archived