• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discobs Thread

George BM

This so-called STRONG COLD FRONT, is a Milquetoast Pacific front.

NO, I am NOT panicking.

I just noticed that we have lately been averaging in the low 50s for highs.

This incredible STRONG COLD FRONT, which has been honked about for over a WEEK, will actually bring us highs tomorrow in the upper 40s to near 50!!!!! I love to call a spade a spade. This so-called cold front aint worth shyte.

Just WOW! Thats a fvckin' all-time record! From low 50s for highs, to upper 40s for highs! Record books will need to be rewritten all over the East Coast! WOW!

We will still get snow next week, but we have got to get some REAL cold into the Mid Atlantic, not this godforsaken milquetoast Pacific cold front which is bringing zonal flow like temps into the Washington Metropolitan Region.

Good chance the negative NAO is weak or it may be washing out.

But hey, it is only early December, I am 100 percent confident we will get snow later this winter. Remember, it isnt even winter yet.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Jebman said:

This so-called STRONG COLD FRONT, is a Milquetoast Pacific front.

NO, I am NOT panicking.

I just noticed that we have lately been averaging in the low 50s for highs.

This incredible STRONG COLD FRONT, which has been honked about for over a WEEK, will actually bring us highs tomorrow in the upper 40s to near 50!!!!! I love to call a spade a spade. This so-called cold front aint worth shyte.

Just WOW! Thats a fvckin' all-time record! From low 50s for highs, to upper 40s for highs! Record books will need to be rewritten all over the East Coast! WOW!

We will still get snow next week, but we have got to get some REAL cold into the Mid Atlantic, not this godforsaken milquetoast Pacific cold front which is bringing zonal flow like temps into the Washington Metropolitan Region.

Good chance the negative NAO is weak or it may be washing out.

But hey, it is only early December, I am 100 percent confident we will get snow later this winter. Remember, it isnt even winter yet.

Et tu, Jebman?  Et tu?

You folks have got to start thinking for yourselves.

Now, this is going to be a memorable winter for snow in DC. This is not going to be a nice season to be mayor, with thousands of residents clamoring for parking spaces, even FIGHTING over parking spaces this January, February and March. We are talking about THIS winter, Dec 2017 thru March 2018. We are going to get so damn much snow this winter, that there will be murders over parking spaces. Not everyone is terminally crazy about shoveling snow like the Jebman, trying to dig out all of Washington DC in 15 degree weather in a g-ddamned t-shirt for krise sake!

I like to call a spade a spade. I have been keeping weather records in Dale City for decades. I have been living here since 1967, I should know weather in northern Virginia by now, and I do, far better than the KLWX meteorologists ever will. 

We have been enjoying low 50s high temps for at least the past week. This milquetoast front that was billed as such a weather pattern changer, took its sweet time ramping up winds this morning. It was billed as a STRONG COLD FRONT. All we got to enjoy today was a reduction of five frackin degrees from 2 days ago. Yesterday's high of 58 does not count.

Repeat after me, KLWX forecasters: A STRONG COLD FRONT reduces day to day temperatures by at least twenty degrees.

That milquetoast piece of shyte we got last night was a PACIFIC COLD FRONT. It was CLOUDY as well today, and this sorry piece of shyte so-called strong cold front airmass couldn't even give us a high in the low 40s, let alone the 30s!!!! This airmass has NON-ARCTIC ORIGIN stamped all over it!

Sure, Chicago fell into the low 30s for highs. If this had been a STRONG COLD FRONT, in early December, when our average temperatures are in the upper 40s, we should have had at least highs in the mid 30s today, if not outright in the upper 20s.

This POS pacific front we got last night was an AVERAGE cold front. That sorry sob couldnt even pull off a measly TEN DEGREE DROP in high temperatures from 2 days ago, when we hit 53 for a high temp!!!

Over the next ten days, we will enjoy TWO DAYS only with highs in the 30s geeze. The rest will be 45 to 50, even milder that 50 at times, average early December temps. WOW this was one epic front last night NOT!!!!!

I dont just like snow. I am frucking CRAZY about snow! I am the guy who craves an all out ICE AGE and I dont care if millions of innocent people die in my deep snow and I love watching ppl fall hard on ice! I am the admittedly crazy, dont give a shyte about no one but myself disaster loving person who would love it if I-95 got shut down for 2 weeks in a record blizzard with thousands and thousands, maybe even MILLIONS, of innocent commuters STRANDED from Georgia to New York! If something like that actually were realized, I'd feel like I just won a quadrillion times more money than Bezos of Amazon fame! I'd be dancing EXACTLY like the late Michael Jackson on the ice!

BUT, I think for myself. This pacific cold front aint worth shyte. STRONG COLD FRONT my @ss! We should be at least 35 degrees for a high, with attendant 25 mph north winds, and a low in the low/mid teens! Instead, we will make do with highs near 50 degrees and lows barely near freezing!

I want snow BAD, but this is NOT the airmass we need. And ppl need to quit hyping these pacific air masses.

9 hours ago, Jebman said:

You folks have got to start thinking for yourselves.

Now, this is going to be a memorable winter for snow in DC. This is not going to be a nice season to be mayor, with thousands of residents clamoring for parking spaces, even FIGHTING over parking spaces this January, February and March. We are talking about THIS winter, Dec 2017 thru March 2018. We are going to get so damn much snow this winter, that there will be murders over parking spaces. Not everyone is terminally crazy about shoveling snow like the Jebman, trying to dig out all of Washington DC in 15 degree weather in a g-ddamned t-shirt for krise sake!

I like to call a spade a spade. I have been keeping weather records in Dale City for decades. I have been living here since 1967, I should know weather in northern Virginia by now, and I do, far better than the KLWX meteorologists ever will. 

We have been enjoying low 50s high temps for at least the past week. This milquetoast front that was billed as such a weather pattern changer, took its sweet time ramping up winds this morning. It was billed as a STRONG COLD FRONT. All we got to enjoy today was a reduction of five frackin degrees from 2 days ago. Yesterday's high of 58 does not count.

Repeat after me, KLWX forecasters: A STRONG COLD FRONT reduces day to day temperatures by at least twenty degrees.

That milquetoast piece of shyte we got last night was a PACIFIC COLD FRONT. It was CLOUDY as well today, and this sorry piece of shyte so-called strong cold front airmass couldn't even give us a high in the low 40s, let alone the 30s!!!! This airmass has NON-ARCTIC ORIGIN stamped all over it!

Sure, Chicago fell into the low 30s for highs. If this had been a STRONG COLD FRONT, in early December, when our average temperatures are in the upper 40s, we should have had at least highs in the mid 30s today, if not outright in the upper 20s.

This POS pacific front we got last night was an AVERAGE cold front. That sorry sob couldnt even pull off a measly TEN DEGREE DROP in high temperatures from 2 days ago, when we hit 53 for a high temp!!!

Over the next ten days, we will enjoy TWO DAYS only with highs in the 30s geeze. The rest will be 45 to 50, even milder that 50 at times, average early December temps. WOW this was one epic front last night NOT!!!!!

I dont just like snow. I am frucking CRAZY about snow! I am the guy who craves an all out ICE AGE and I dont care if millions of innocent people die in my deep snow and I love watching ppl fall hard on ice! I am the admittedly crazy, dont give a shyte about no one but myself disaster loving person who would love it if I-95 got shut down for 2 weeks in a record blizzard with thousands and thousands, maybe even MILLIONS, of innocent commuters STRANDED from Georgia to New York! If something like that actually were realized, I'd feel like I just won a quadrillion times more money than Bezos of Amazon fame! I'd be dancing EXACTLY like the late Michael Jackson on the ice!

BUT, I think for myself. This pacific cold front aint worth shyte. STRONG COLD FRONT my @ss! We should be at least 35 degrees for a high, with attendant 25 mph north winds, and a low in the low/mid teens! Instead, we will make do with highs near 50 degrees and lows barely near freezing!

I want snow BAD, but this is NOT the airmass we need. And ppl need to quit hyping these pacific air masses.

Funny part is that this is not a PAC airmass. Brewed up in our own backyard more or less in Central Canada. Really it seems like moisture is not being funneled north, there are huge snowcover deficits especially in snow depth going forward. It's not like previous years which would have prolific snowfall somewhere depending on the pattern.

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Saying that this was well modeled for days?

It seems that any kind of opinion is met with froth and nearly uncontrollable behavior. The NWS forecasted highs were well below this that morning or whatever. It's a pattern that is performing warmer as the day is closes in nearly exponentially. I think this is important to consider for learning purposes: what's going on, the result. expression is really the only motive. I have found an edge and want to share it. 

Steady snow arriving here, went from out of it to somewhat in it to possibly up to 5 or 6 inches in no time. Gotta love SW VA

As I say this the radar doesn’t seem to be throwing the bands far enough nw to keep the steady snowfall, the snowfall gradient is gonna end up being very sharply cutoff right around the burg.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived