• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NC Piedmont/Triangle Snow Machine

DC2Winston

I'm a long time lurker, rare commenter here, but having lived around Raleigh most of my adult life (in Pittsboro for now getting ready to start school in hopes of becoming a meteorologist) this image below pretty much sums up, to me, how crazy the idea of microclimates is to me. I was in West Raleigh the year this happened, and tracking this past January's storm turned into a huge disappointment for me. Welcome to NC, and thank you to all of you for the several years of information and entertainment you've provided. I look forward to engaging with each of you more as I progress through school, and as I become more involved with this board!5621a3574c2d769bfd64206ca69017f3.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

On 12/3/2017 at 8:09 AM, weaponxreject said:

I'm a long time lurker, rare commenter here, but having lived around Raleigh most of my adult life (in Pittsboro for now getting ready to start school in hopes of becoming a meteorologist) this image below pretty much sums up, to me, how crazy the idea of microclimates is to me. I was in West Raleigh the year this happened, and tracking this past January's storm turned into a huge disappointment for me. Welcome to NC, and thank you to all of you for the several years of information and entertainment you've provided. I look forward to engaging with each of you more as I progress through school, and as I become more involved with this board!5621a3574c2d769bfd64206ca69017f3.jpg

Welcome to Chatham county! Look at the historical snow data for the area between US1 and Pittsboro. The area between the Haw and he deep rivers and close to the Jordan lake dam. Interesting little micro-climate there.

I would certainly enjoy reading everyone's input!! Saw NCSNOW (up in Burlington) briefly mention eastern Chatham County and it didn't look pretty. I know the BL and ground temps are going to limit accumulation regardless, but it would be nice to see an inch or few fall at least. Just glad it's not going down earlier in the day, I have to drive to the VA office in Winston-Salem tomorrow afternoon.

On 12/3/2017 at 8:09 AM, weaponxreject said:

De SNOWPOCALYPSE!!!!!!

I remember this day well. I was lucky and got home that day.

Other's were not quite as fortunate if I recall...

Archived