• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2018

Cary_Snow95

Improving look on the ensembles as we go into early January.  Could be rushing it a bit, but the eastern trough is developing, and the building Scandinavian Ridge is in a precursor position to retrograde west into Greenland here on the GEFS (EPS has some similar ideas).  I suspect this evening's Euro Weeklies will be good again.

awwelDB.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, griteater said:

Improving look on the ensembles as we go into early January.  Could be rushing it a bit, but the eastern trough is developing, and the building Scandinavian Ridge is in a precursor position to retrograde west into Greenland here on the GEFS (EPS has some similar ideas).  I suspect this evening's Euro Weeklies will be good again.

awwelDB.gif

Yes sir.  I noticed that for the first time in days, all four GFS overnight runs began to look a bit better at the end.  I'm guessing they are rushing it, like you said, but it's going to be nice to see some good pattern consistency start to show up at the end and work its way in.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Yes sir.  I noticed that for the first time in days, all four GFS overnight runs began to look a bit better at the end.  I'm guessing they are rushing it, like you said, but it's going to be nice to see some good pattern consistency start to show up at the end and work its way in.

It be nice if we could get some storms in the coldest part of winter! If only January!? - CR

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, griteater said:

Yeah Met, each week looked good on those maps, but especially weeks 5-6 

Absolutely Grit! It was about the best run of the season probably.  I'm still very hesitant on biting on this pattern change currently.  Let's get into the first of January and see how the models look then.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Absolutely Grit! It was about the best run of the season probably.  I'm still very hesitant on biting on this pattern change currently.  Let's get into the first of January and see how the models look then.

I suspect we'll know before then.  Closer to NYE

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...