• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2018

Cary_Snow95

On to the next one. Looks like starting around Dec 20th give or take a day the pattern will be setting up favorable for more fun n games. I just hope we can dry this ground out some after the melt and next weekends rain. December 10 and its already turning into a all time stellar season. . We want see to many days where we arent tracking threats this season. Even though we will be in zonal flow next weekend, dont be shocked if we are tracking a legit long term threat for the hollidays by then. Thats the way its looking or models are hinting at this morning.

• Like 3

Right now I'm just hoping that Christmas will be cold. Of course I would love to see some more snow, but a nice cold arctic airmass would make me happy. 

The LR models do go out past Christmas (16 days), but as we all know that's in fantasy range and we'll get big swings in the pattern depiction until about 10 days out. So maybe this Friday we'll start getting a legitimist idea if it's going to be cold or warm.   

Well I’m at 190% of seasonal average and we’re not even halfway through winter. Euro seasonal and weeklies look epic for rest of winter after this relaxation. Feeling like this might be headed for a top 5 winter for western part of the state. Precipitation hasn’t been an issue all year. Just need another nice Miller A

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HKY1894 said:

Well I’m at 190% of seasonal average and we’re not even halfway through winter. Euro seasonal and weeklies look epic for rest of winter after this relaxation. Feeling like this might be headed for a top 5 winter for western part of the state. Precipitation hasn’t been an issue all year. Just need another nice Miller A

Could you post the weeklies?

Since we have been focused on the storm over here I have been hanging out in the MA forum for mid/long range discussion.  According to Bob Chill and PSUHoffman At least most of the next two weeks should be mild across NA due to zonal flow due to the dreaded Alaska trough.  After that the trough should retrograde and there we will come to a fork in the rode:  An EPO trough will develop somewhere in the CONUS.  If it goes east then cold in combo with the typical nino STJ could make life good. 

If it goes out west though...

image.png.82e3476506dee20515a5559c0f3eb180.png

2 hours ago, cbmclean said:

Since we have been focused on the storm over here I have been hanging out in the MA forum for mid/long range discussion.  According to Bob Chill and PSUHoffman At least most of the next two weeks should be mild across NA due to zonal flow due to the dreaded Alaska trough.  After that the trough should retrograde and there we will come to a fork in the rode:  An EPO trough will develop somewhere in the CONUS.  If it goes east then cold in combo with the typical nino STJ could make life good. 

If it goes out west though...

image.png.82e3476506dee20515a5559c0f3eb180.png

Models have been trying to kill that western ridge for over a month. It never disappears for more than a couple days. We may hit some transient mild periods but I see no major torch in the near future