Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2018

Cary_Snow95

9 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

Euro Control is another monster event 

Looking forward to getting at least one Euro op crush job to make this feel real.  The ensembles looking steady has my mind confident, but I need a nice clown map from the EURO to confirm this has a shot.   You would think we could get at least one here and there the way the ensembles look. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SnowNiner said:

Looking forward to getting at least one Euro op crush job to make this feel real.  The ensembles looking steady has my mind confident, but I need a nice clown map from the EURO to confirm this has a shot.   You would think we could get at least one here and there the way the ensembles look. 

Yeah, I'm with you there.  

thats good will need it to melt that 20 inches i'm gonna get at my house in N GA on the 9th and 10th according to the 12z GFS.

I know, I know, clown map, misrepresentation of snow vs other p types, 10 days out, etc.  But gosh its cool to look at as todays run is as close as I'll get to something like that.

9 minutes ago, griteater said:

EPS for day 10-15 following our storm

I am encouraged by what I see on the EPS 10 to 15.  You can see the troughing wanting to pull back west of Alaska.  If that trend continues you will see a more pronounced ridge on the west coast.  This would certainly help Canada keep most of its cold or at least mitigate the complete scouring of cold from a fire hose Pacific.  All that to say it would make it easier here to get back into something potentially wintry quicker.  Would be nice to have a workable late December pattern vs a mini torch.  Good post, Grit.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

Fv3 cutting further and further west

fv3p_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_fh204_trend.gif

Tomorrow we close inside of 7 days. 5-7 days out I'd bank on the Euro and FV3. I know the ensembles are the way to go at this range. And they're not bad. But within 48 hrs we better see some of these op Euro and FV3 runs trend in our favor or I feel the ensembles will trend bad as well. It's good to track this early but I think we all have a feeling how this ends.

On 11/29/2018 at 6:20 PM, NCSNOW said:

The pound job just continues on 18z gfs for NC.  Some of the best computer generated snow over the past several years.

And dare I say it matches up well with my winter pre-season forecast. Burns would be buying me dinner before the 1st official day of winter even gets here lol.

Just saw this. Don't get too excited. Computer generated food tastes like crap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2