Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2018

Cary_Snow95

48 minutes ago, griteater said:

Holy cow grit, you're a wizard. Very interesting and educational. Thank you so much for that massive response. I'll have to read it a few more times for sure.

So, on the hovmoller chart, we'd like to see more browns around 120° E rather than all the alternating to settle into our Nino pattern? 

8 hours ago, Orangeburgwx said:

Swing and a miss on the 9th Storm... Great Lakes low #next

I assume you said this in jest.....it's still 9 days away so it's anyone's guess at this point. All the models have been hinting at something during this time. Once we're inside a week, maybe then we can start to analyze the situation a little closer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Holy cow grit, you're a wizard. Very interesting and educational. Thank you so much for that massive response. I'll have to read it a few more times for sure.

So, on the hovmoller chart, we'd like to see more browns around 120° E rather than all the alternating to settle into our Nino pattern? 

Thank you, and yes on your question

2 hours ago, GreensboroWx said:

I assume you said this in jest.....it's still 9 days away so it's anyone's guess at this point. All the models have been hinting at something during this time. Once we're inside a week, maybe then we can start to analyze the situation a little closer.

Yeah well, since @mackerel_sky was not on at the time, I said it for him:lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Queencitywx said:

I was thinking we'd see a colder solution with the low being over LA this run. We'll see, I guess. 

really not too far off from a decent storm, and not far off from nada.  at least we have something to watch. and i tihnk the small event next weds needs to be watched too.  those usually can catch us by surprise.

Eric Webb @webberweather 1h1 hour ago

Verbatim, this is the kind of pattern you want to see for an overrunning/Miller B event in the Carolinas, w/ a -EPO, California s/w, & a deep SE Canada vortex. Oth, details matter a lot in determining whether a legitimate threat for wintry wx actually materializes late next week

3 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

FV3 looks similar to this, with the HP a few ticks stronger. beautiful site this early.

If the low tracks completely offshore and up the coast (think the Coastal Crusher in January), we all would be in for a treat because we wouldn't have to worry about any warm nose, WAA, or mixing issues