Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2018

Cary_Snow95

1 hour ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Except GSP showing all 70s (but one day ) for highs over the next week  and mainly 50s for lows in upstate at least.  Sounds pretty safe for gardeners around here...

I’m so sure the cold is over, I’ve got tomatoes  in the ground! Freezes are over, despite JBs threat of a major cold outbreak the first 10 days of April!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mackerel_sky said:

I’m so sure the cold is over, I’ve got tomatoes  in the ground! Freezes are over, despite JBs threat of a major cold outbreak the first 10 days of April!

My tomatoes are still inside! I think we got another 6” bomb cyclone left this winter

Joe Bastardi:  Short time surge of warmth still false spring as major cold invades again this weekend into next week! Threat of major severe outbreak plains to Ohio valley fight Fri/Sat.Amazing close 500mb analog April 16-17 to MJO analog year of 2007.1962,1958,1982,if you pick em,they will cme https://t.co/VFZxlv1CTo

With comparisons made to the weather pattern of March and April 1962, I hope we don't have a repeat of the torch that ensued in late April 1962 and continued throughout the month of May 1962.

One side note, in a diary I was keeping in 1978 I made an entry on April 8 that the trees were in full leaf in Monroe, North Carolina.  I noted it was a remarkable transition from bare trees to full leaf during the first week of that month.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Solak said:

NWSCPCVerified account @NWSCPC 4m4 minutes ago

Yikes! Cold temps and another round of hard freezes are likely next week over east-central US...http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/610day/ DaXXbTQX0AY5APT.jpg

This needs to stop yesterday.

If I wanted to use space heaters in April, I would move back to Michigan.

• Like 3