• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2018

Cary_Snow95

12Z GFS is even more juicy than its 6z run. Kind of funny to see it more juicy than the NAM. This close to start time and there are pretty significant differences that exist. For my area at least and the northern foothills as well, looks like a nice decent event is now being shown and in general agreement.

Edit: Man out to 54 now that is one heck of a  nice little snowstorm for VA and now extending up into the Mid-Atlantic.

12Z GFS is even more juicy than its 6z run. Kind of funny to see it more juicy than the NAM. This close to start time and there are pretty significant differences that exist. For my area at least and the northern foothills as well, looks like a nice decent event is now being shown and in general agreement.

Edit: Man out to 54 now that is one heck of a  nice little snowstorm for VA and now extending up into the Mid-Atlantic.

Post a image if you don’t mind, I’m on my phone at practice with my son. TIA

Sticking to my guns northern mtns see 12+ lollipops. Also beleive the big lollipop winners outside of mtns will be somewhere writhing 50 miles north or south of the NC / VA  state line from the foothills out into the coastal plain. Depends on exact track, but a deepening sub 980 l.p. riding our coastline will crank some rates no doubt. 2m will be an issue, but rates is what will give accums outside mtns.

• Like 1

Sticking to my guns northern mtns see 12+ lollipops. Also beleive the big lollipop winners outside of mtns will be somewhere writhing 50 miles north or south of the NC / VA  state line from the foothills out into the coastal plain. Depends on exact track, but a deepening sub 980 l.p. riding our coastline will crank some rates no doubt. 2m will be an issue, but rates is what will give accums outside mtns.

I sure as heck hope so. It’s been an abysmal winter here in Boone imo. Only 2 “decent” storms at 4 and 5” respectfully. Would LOVE to see a double digit storm to end the season.

8 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

GFS has shown that minimum over the foothills for days every run practically that’s the only thing it’s been consistent with LOL

I’ve noticed that too. It’s like someone puts a white glob over Surry County. 

But then we end up getting snow anyway. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NCSNOW said:

agreed

33 minutes ago, Northern Foothills Snowman said:

Saw that myself. We may not by done with winter after this storm 

Is there something wrong with me that I relish the thought of all those who were relishing the early spring in February grumping their butts off? 

• Haha 1