Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2018

Cary_Snow95

3 minutes ago, griteater said:

12z Euro is south and weak like UKMet...tough combo to beat

South is much better than being too far north. Plus its had some issues being too far south the last few years. But all the solutions on the table are viable; including the most probably solution of cold rain. **we have nothing to lose...

8 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

South is much better than being too far north. Plus its had some issues being too far south the last few years. But all the solutions on the table are viable; including the most probably solution of cold rain. **we have nothing to lose...

South is fine, but weak is not...need a strong upper level system to get the cooling.

Euro has 32 deg sfc temps in south GA on the morning of Mar 15th

48 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

6Z GFS a whiff for the triangle.  Maybe some deformation band flurries. That's it.  

GFS would be a wicked heavy power outage type snowstorm for VA. I’m up in CT still and was able to witness their nor’easter they got up here and it was awesome. Going to have to monitor this one. 

My worthless 2 cents from the mtn thread.

10 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

I'm feeling good about the model guidance right now, even though a spread exists. Blacksburg has a decent disco on the event and they aren't buying the gfs solution. Interesting note...they think the strength of the storm modeled by the gfs may be correct though. Now that would certainly be a dumping of snow for our area. 

Agree. The GFS would have to score a major coup over the higher res Euro,ICON, way better performing UKIE, and Nam. Anything can happen, but the gfs being right verse the above is highly unlikely.

Today will be the day of reckoning, definitely by 0z tonight. All the pieces to the puzzle will be well sampled and loaded in. I anticipate that at some point,most likely 0z tonight hopefully right after Duke beats unc, the gfs will fall in line, adjust. 

24 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

To much of a press , confluence up north for this to roll through southern KY, WVA imo. Well see

NAM did trend higher with QPF up my way, closer in line to GFS. Much weaker albeit with system and south overall however. 12K NAM gives me 7''.

24 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

12z GFS going to be a big hit for VA northern NC mountains. Crazy spread at this timeframe, although Nam imo took a step toward GFS this morning. 

12z GFS moved away a bit from its idea of a stronger lead wave moving through TN.  12z CMC looks similar to GFS.  Both look pretty good in your area Buddy.  CMC has kind of been between the farther north GFS and weaker, farther south Euro/UKMet camp, and may be a good middle ground.  For NC, it looks too warm on the front side of the storm, except for maybe the northern mtns...then there could be some changeover for some areas depending on how the backside wave evolves.