Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2018

Cary_Snow95

2 hours ago, Upstate Tiger said:

It's hard to believe how bad the NAO has been this winter.  Geez, this is ugly....

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/pna/nao_index_mrf.shtml

JB is in on cold coming back. I'll take my chances with winter returning later this month and March. 

After all he was right when cold came in December and right with January thaw as well. 

• Like 1

Afternoon Folks..

I'd have to give this Winter a A+ on account the Awesome cold spell we've had waaay down here in SENC (coast) and the 3.5 " of that great white fully stuff..

Everything here is budding about to burst open.. Daffodils are up & getting ready to bloom..

I kinda fear this,, As almost ALWAYS, we get a killer freeze, or snow Late Feb~Early March...

Bad for Fruit trees..

Though, Looks like possible T~Storms are forecasted tomorrow..

If I/We hear Thunder this time of year.. You know what that means.. (old Wives tale)

So there's that, going for Us...

Temps been nice down this way though..  Mid-50's & low 60's the past week... 

21 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Forecast for upstate becoming even more springlike. Highs pushing 70 several days and lows in 50s several nights with inches of unneeded (and unwelcome to me) rain. Could this be a record breaking Feb? 

Even Robert has no words of comfort! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Rain is the one good thing we're getting. Last month I was worried we would go into this spring in a major drought. We're looking much better now. 

10 hours ago, Northern Foothills Snowman said:

Now all we need is to get the cold and moisture here at the same time. 

Doesn't seem to work out that way to often, awfully hard to get cold and moisture at the same time to have a good snow, it happens but we all know its worse than threading a needle.  :ee:

23 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Winter looks to be mostly over at this point.  Maybe we have a decent shot at something early March, but Feb looks like it’s circling the drain.

I really hate these winters now where you only get winter for half of the winter.

La nina winters tend to happen that way has the longwave pattern gets established.  Then we will turn cold/cool for spring.

23 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Winter looks to be mostly over at this point.  Maybe we have a decent shot at something early March, but Feb looks like it’s circling the drain.

I really hate these winters now where you only get winter for half of the winter.

I agree, we only get half the winter anymore, February is suppose to be a cold winter month, this is ridiculous. I can see a week of this kind of weather but not the whole month.  :weep:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

La nina winters tend to happen that way has the longwave pattern gets established.  Then we will turn cold/cool for spring.

I am still thinking the east coast trough may get locked in for March and April.  The mountain folks will be regularly seeing high wind and flakes flying in the air from NWF.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

:lol:

Good one Powerball!! Wish we could get an "extremely cold snowy January". Not to mention its already been spring for a week at least. 

Of course it depends on one's specific location, but at least here, we had the one of the worst snow/ice storms in 25 years (bearing in mind we only average 1" of snow for an entire season) and ended up 3*F below normal for the month 

The last 1/3 of the month was ok, but it didn't make up for the majority of days featuring double digit negative departures during the first 2/3 of the month. 

1 hour ago, Powerball said:

Of course it depends on one's specific location, but at least here, we had the one of the worst snow/ice storms in 25 years (bearing in mind we only average 1" of snow for an entire season) and ended up 3*F below normal for the month 

The last 1/3 of the month was ok, but it didn't make up for the majority of days featuring double digit negative departures during the first 2/3 of the month. 

Are you on the coast? Sounds like you don't care for cold/ snow? I would refer to a once in 25 year snow as AWESOME, not as "the worst." :D