Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2018

Cary_Snow95

4 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

71 now, +21 above avg.! Very Torchy! JB promises this will turnaround by mid Feb! Just in time for our normal highs to be nearing 60. Will take a 20 degree below normal airmass to remotely have a chance at frozen! :(

And don't think it can't happen.

7 hours ago, BIG FROSTY said:

In weather, yes!! I think you like him pretty good!! You seem to know what he says all the time!!!  Then criticize what he says..................... lol 

I think a lot of us will have at least a couple more chances at a Winter Storm before spring!

Yep he knows more about him than you do frost and you have JB site.  Lol he doesn't tweet all of that either.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

I bet we don't get suppression like that in mid Feb.  This cold could be just right

Especially with where the mean placement of the epo ridge is showing right now. It a good but further west than what happened late Dec/early Jan. Concern should be more focused on ptype than storm track. If the epo ridge rolls forward later on then we can talk about things getting squashed. For now that's pretty low on the list of things to worry about for both of our regions. 

• Like 4

Indices looking even better today:

PNA - Looks to go positive in the LR (good)

AO - Looks to go strongly negative (great)

NAO - Looks to go negative, by average, in the LR (incredible, because we never see this anymore)

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/daily_ao_index/teleconnections.shtml

EPO - Looks to go negative in the LR (good)

ftp://ftp.cdc.noaa.gov/Public/gbates/reforecast2/teleconn/4indices.png

The above would support CRs pizza map....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Indices looking even better today:

PNA - Looks to go positive in the LR (good)

AO - Looks to go strongly negative (great)

NAO - Looks to go negative, by average, in the LR (incredible, because we never see this anymore)

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/daily_ao_index/teleconnections.shtml

EPO - Looks to go negative in the LR (good)

ftp://ftp.cdc.noaa.gov/Public/gbates/reforecast2/teleconn/4indices.png

The above would support CRs pizza map....

when was the last time we had THAT set up? Keep in mind solar activity is on the downswing as well

I hear you Orangeburg. My top snowfalls are:

17/ Feb 2004

15/ Jan 2000

15/ March 1993

So since we are breaking records this winter; just once I want to expierence a 2 Footer. Think Frosty had a 19 inch couple years ago. Jburns had 19 on that Feb 2004, Raleigh think had 22 in Jan 2000. So Im not alone in a quest to join the 2 foot club. Not sure anyone was around down east in I beleive spring 1980 they where right at 2 foot mark.

2 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

I hear you Orangeburg. My top snowfalls are:

17/ Feb 2004

15/ Jan 2000

15/ March 1993

So since we are breaking records this winter; just once I want to expierence a 2 Footer. Think Frosty had a 19 inch couple years ago. Jburns had 19 on that Feb 2004, Raleigh think had 22 in Jan 2000. So Im not alone in a quest to join the 2 foot club. Not sure anyone was around down east in I beleive spring 1980 they where right at 2 foot mark.

1980 --- I was just a kid living down in Goldsboro, but I remember four foot drifts from what was truly a blizzard. Lots of snow, high winds, and very cold temps (falling into the single digits at the height of the storm). The NE part of the state did end up with more than 2 feet:

accum.19800302.gif