Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2018

Cary_Snow95

In sort of a lull so let's see where we're at.Just comparing this to 09-10

Solar wind for January so far is 372.7,steadily dropping.Winter 09-10 averaged 330-340

EEP levels the last 30 or so days also dropping,reflecting the solar wind running between 5-7.09-10 ran 4.5 to 5

Last QBO reading was -18.12 ,09-10 was -16.02

So far I have 9'' for the year,09-10 I got 14.5'' 

When the MJO swings back around there's a chance the hammer drops again,this time with a strat boost taking the PV out or displacing it.Some believe the solar/QBO drive MJO but I can't say for sure.Just my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:
Seen this somebody posted!! ;) MJO Heading for the Promised Land

Its forecasted day 15 to where it was in mid December before the walls came tumbling down

This could be real nastyECMF_phase_MANOM_51m_small(198).gif

Lol! Your hero!

We will be above normal till Valentine's Day , atleast! Late Fab Feb will save us

30 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Lol! Your hero!

We will be above normal till Valentine's Day , atleast! Late Fab Feb will save us

In weather, yes!! I think you like him pretty good!! You seem to know what he says all the time!!!  Then criticize what he says..................... lol 

I think a lot of us will have at least a couple more chances at a Winter Storm before spring!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:
Seen this somebody posted!! ;) MJO Heading for the Promised Land

Its forecasted day 15 to where it was in mid December before the walls came tumbling down

This could be real nastyECMF_phase_MANOM_51m_small(198).gif

Plus that air has had time to really marinate In the Arctic. No way to tell the duration it will stay but it should be a lot colder air

23 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

In weather, yes!! I think you like him pretty good!! You seem to know what he says all the time!!!  Then criticize what he says..................... lol 

I think a lot of us will have at least a couple more chances at a Winter Storm before spring!

East of us have already cashed in this year. they are running like 700 percent above normal. It has already been a banner year for them. The cold air has been very impressive also. This has been an impressive winter already for several. Glad to see most get into the action. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Except GSP is already at 66 at 1:00 and looks to be headed for 70+ today, following a 64 yesterday. That's definitely a torch in my book!

Are we really putting stock in a 384 GFS?:lol:

Glad I don't live there. We still have snow in the ground with a frozen ground to add to that. Also the Euro is showing a cool down for around in two days then another much bigger cool down in 7 days again. I don't look at the GFS much anyways. We have been below average since Christmas anyways.

26 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Glad I don't live there. We still have snow in the ground with a frozen ground to add to that. Also the Euro is showing a cool down for around in two days then another much bigger cool down in 7 days again. I don't look at the GFS much anyways. We have been below average since Christmas anyways.

Yeah, you mtn peeps don't realize how good you have. I did notice AVL is at 60, and even Boone is 55, that's pretty much a torch for those locations as well. Oh well, fun while it lasted in upstate. Today is beautiful, but ready to bring back the cold Mother Nature!

21 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Yeah, you mtn peeps don't realize how good you have. I did notice AVL is at 60, and even Boone is 55, that's pretty much a torch for those locations as well. Oh well, fun while it lasted in upstate. Today is beautiful, but ready to bring back the cold Mother Nature!

71 now, +21 above avg.! Very Torchy! JB promises this will turnaround by mid Feb! Just in time for our normal highs to be nearing 60. Will take a 20 degree below normal airmass to remotely have a chance at frozen! :(

1 hour ago, Met1985 said:

Last of the snow should melt here today up to 55 now. I'm kinda bummed next week doesn't look as warm now as it did a few days ago. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Yeah today is warm but that will be short lived.