• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2018

Cary_Snow95

That Euro late run if correct would be yanking down some serious Cold after that lp runs up to our west. Real curious to see how Feb shakes out. Been a stellar winter for all of us. Id like to see the stj come to life . Its been dormant all winter, but if we could get one more cold press and get it involved as the season winds down then there would be some serious fireworks

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BlueRidgeFolklore said:

I honestly wouldn't mind a warm up. We've been dealing with snow, ice and cold in the MTNS since late October. Give me a warm Feb to get the boat and camper in order before Spring fishing.

would like another good snow or two, don't care for the sub zero temps, seems the best snows are around 30-33 degrees. :snowwindow:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCSNOW said:

This will work Better: Your future GFS I beleive

SmartSelectImage_2018-01-18-14-31-38.jpg

Wait, this is the new GFS product coming out soon(ish)? If so, I fully support. I don't think we'll have to worry about suppression city with this one, and the NW trend could be our friend (until it ends up in Ohio).

6 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

Huh?  No idea what the temps are, but that surface map ain’t a bad look!

Ill take a almost 1040 in that spot anyday. Gives me room for a NW trend strong enough for cold air but not to strong or south to supress. For the western part of the state anyway. Its crazy what elevation can do ive seen some crazy changes within 100 feet.

36 minutes ago, shahroz98 said:

TWC is hinting at a winter cancel for the south once the "Thaw" beings

LOL...TWC cancelled winter in the south back in november before it started with their winter forecast.... We see how that has turned out. Mack and others laughed when I said the almost solid black wooly worm I came across in my front yard back in september (only the second one like that I have ever seen) was forecasting a very cold winter. I think he has been pretty much spot on so far!!!!!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NorthernUpstateSC said:

LOL...TWC cancelled winter in the south back in november before it started with their winter forecast.... We see how that has turned out. Mack and others laughed when I said the almost solid black wooly worm I came across in my front yard back in september (only the second one like that I have ever seen) was forecasting a very cold winter. I think he has been pretty much spot on so far!!!!!!

I found this guy on Tuesday. 

722178DB-FCC0-48A9-9410-BABEB7E9F62E.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Dang, good point.  The snow is what compromises the snow shields.  They are definitely functioning at a lower level now, but the system hasn’t updated. I’ll run a level 3 diagnostic and reset the system!

System reboot complete.  Snow shields down to 45%.

12 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

I found one back in Aug or Sept that was almost all Brown. :lol:

It was Packs! 

Ready for the 2 week thaw, maybe we can squeez out a flurry or two before spring! It's 5 minutes til buffett closes, and we are holding out for a fresh pepperoni deep dish, and chocolate chip pizza! :(