Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2018

Cary_Snow95

5 minutes ago, november rain said:

I have lived 1/2 a century and have seen some cold weather in my upstate SC area over the years, but never can I recall having 10 days or more of lows between 7 and 13 F  with days hovering near 32 and stepping out into bright sunshine feel not much warmth.  

Just think what it would have been had we had snow cover.  Really amazing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WarmNose said:

Pack I had a pipe burst coming out my hot water heater 2 days ago. Flooded the wash room. Hence to say I'm ready for a warm up. Hope you have some pretty red maps to post. Bring on the thaw

Sucks about your water heater!

It’s coming but before then day 6-9 there is a chance.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rduwx said:

Similar to that last storm...If it continues to show up in future runs, will it come far enough west is going to be the question.

Impressive setup day 7-8...negatively tilted trough, lowest DN in GA.  I haven't really been watching this period so not sure if this what it's been showing though.  That atlantic ridge should help to keep the wide rights back in play.

get_orig_img.php?model=gfsens&run_time=1

4 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Impressive setup day 7-8...negatively tilted trough, lowest DN in GA.  I haven't really been watching this period so not sure if this what it's been showing though.  That atlantic ridge should help to keep the wide rights back in play.

get_orig_img.php?model=gfsens&run_time=1

What in the Sam Hill? My highs for Friday and Saturday are in the 60s, per my local forecast 

1 hour ago, packbacker said:

12z euro has the same wave and setup but we need to have it slow down some.  We'll need some separation from the day 5 cutter.

36 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

The long range warm-ups that we keep seeing in the extended are not panning out. 

Nice to read this as opposed to our normal issue of the cool downs the long ranges are predicting never coming.   

Until late March/early April and the models are correct and it freezes and kills crops. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

+Polar 10mb heights in December almost always correlates to -NAO/AO mid-January. Probably 80%. This is showing up nicely on GFS ensembles, and they didn't have it a few days ago. This will continue trending stronger, likely +400-+500dm at peak. Split into a 4-wave PV.

1c.gif

Not even sure what I'm looking at, but the end result looks good! Hopefully this isn't anything to do with strat warming and it bringing the cold back! ?

4 hours ago, packbacker said:

It’s coming!   I think...:o

Look at that block on the EPS and what’s rolling over from Siberia.  We are in a nina...it has to come...or does it

ecmwf-ens_z500a_nhem_11.png

Ok Pack, can't quite figure out what you root for. You seem to like snow, but you also seem to want shorts weather. So, are you the, " I want it to snow a few inches, then melt as fast as it fell, then bring back Spring" guy?

24 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Ok Pack, can't quite figure out what you root for. You seem to like snow, but you also seem to want shorts weather. So, are you the, " I want it to snow a few inches, then melt as fast as it fell, then bring back Spring" guy?

Pretty much...perfect event would be a 4-6” event.   Hangs around for the next day and then 60’s and outside weather the following. I would never survive in the NE.   I like tracking, like watching it fall.  Then I want life back to normal. 

I do want to end our sub 10” season drought ASAP.  

• Like 2