Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2018

Cary_Snow95

11 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Last CFS run of the year shows very high probabilities of a cold east and even *gasp* almost small probabilities of above normal precip in the SE.  Can’t wait for the Weeklies to fold this week!

Week 4 is bringing the heat back and week 3 brings the rain :)

Fold away :)

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Last CFS run of the year shows very high probabilities of a cold east and even *gasp* almost small probabilities of above normal precip in the SE.  Can’t wait for the Weeklies to fold this week!

Hold the phone!! Check out the 6Z GFS! Before everything folds and torches, we have our blockbuster Jan 10th storm is back from the rainy dead! Good snowstorm and perfect set up!! On that run, it comes about 2 days after a rainy cold front, crashes into S Cali, then rolls across the South! This will be the one, forget all about these recent 0-4 missed!

5 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Hold the phone!! Check out the 6Z GFS! Before everything folds and torches, we have our blockbuster Jan 10th storm is back from the rainy dead! Good snowstorm and perfect set up!! On that run, it comes about 2 days after a rainy cold front, crashes into S Cali, then rolls across the South! This will be the one, forget all about these recent 0-4 missed!

I'll take it!  We've missed west/south/north and after Wednesday we will miss east.  Mother nature is running out of ways to miss us...though I guess she can start the cycle all over again.

get_orig_img.php?model=gfs&run_time=06z&

1 minute ago, packbacker said:

I'll take it!  We've missed west/south/north and after Wednesday we will miss east.  Mother nature is running out of ways to miss us...though I guess she can start the cycle all over again.

get_orig_img.php?model=gfs&run_time=06z&

When Jacksonville FL has had more snow than us, we really suck! But , the 8th-11th storm has been showing for several days in various forms ( rain vs snow) and we bullseye this morning, what could go wrong!?

9 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

When Jacksonville FL has had more snow than us, we really suck! But , the 8th-11th storm has been showing for several days in various forms ( rain vs snow) and we bullseye this morning, what could go wrong!?

Sprawling HP's rotating through. That is a big Aleutian low.

gfs-ens_mslpaNormMean_namer_8.png