• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Dec 6-15 cold may not verify

AfewUniversesBelowNormal

The cold on ensembles is only now the lightest shade of blue at 2m. Likely warmer at the surface because of constant Low pressure to NW. trending warmer every day, 80% of runs... now 40s for highs. Could be 50 when it actually happens. My point is, you can go outside and look at the cloud type and determine this kind of thing. Is this dangerous and something that needs to worry about?, What is going on?

1 hour ago, StormchaserChuck said:

The cold on ensembles is only now the lightest shade of blue at 2m. Likely warmer at the surface because of constant Low pressure to NW. trending warmer every day, 80% of runs... now 40s for highs. Could be 50 when it actually happens. My point is, you can go outside and look at the cloud type and determine this kind of thing. Is this dangerous and something that needs to worry about?, What is going on?

GEFS is solidly below normal days 1-5 and 6-10. No idea what you're looking at... but normal for MD is around 40-42F this time of year so this puts highs in the 30s. Again, nothing to back up your claims and it's a bunch of nonsense. This is my last post on this, not going to waste anymore time here.

gfs-ens_T2ma_us_21.png

gfs-ens_T2ma_us_47.png

12 minutes ago, StormchaserChuck said:

Two days ago Baltimore was forecasted High of 46, it made it to 56. Yesterday 46/49. Today the forecasted high is 36 and it's already 40 at 9am. That's really all I'm pointing out. 

As much as  I wanted you to be wrong- you have been spot on.  It's questionable if Dec will even end up below normal now. Can you please use your powers to at least have it be cold Christmas Eve and Christmas Day please 

18 hours ago, StormchaserChuck said:

There was a pattern shift the exact day 10mb went from Stratosphere cooling to warming, 12/8. 

Happened over the North Pole, and in Baltimore it went from +8, +4 to -2,-6,-5. 

At the end of the day you have to admit that the call of AN for the 6-15th has busted pretty badly. Models did an EXCELLENT job when blending together various ensemble means and nailed the cold spell we had. The change in temperatures at Baltimore were well modeled in advance, it shouldn't come as a surprise...

DCA was -1.5 for the 10 days

Baltimore -1.6

Definitely not a good forecast, although the first 2 days were much warmer. I'm not convinced we're able to see big negative temperature departures over long periods until maybe the Pacific changes. The biggest departure was -10, and tomorrow it's right back into the 40s. 

Archived