SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2017-18 OBS Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd go 2-4" area wide on grassy surfaces with perhaps 5" localized if rates are heavy enough, leaning towards the lower end. Either way, snow in April doesn't come too often (although it's been happening a bit more frequently) and should be enjoyed. No shoveling will need to be done because the sun will vaporize it in an hour.

27 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

It's April. Any little amount we receive will be gone w/the afternoon sun. I just don't think this was/is anything special to begin with to actually slip away...

My front lawn will hold it if I manage at least 4". But the next day rainstorm is sucky.

Euro control lock-step with the op, again, VERY consistent look. I don't trust the NAM N and S shifting around. Thinking rain to snow and 2-4" on grass a good bet in my area. Could, in all actuality, kiss 60" for the season once all is said and done. It will be a stretch but certainly possible.54d623347296b92cbf65f3629fc13f92.jpg

1 hour ago, KamuSnow said:

Just saw a nice shooting star (8:15pm) in the northern sky about treetop height, moving from SW to NE - long duration! Cooling off here nicely, although still a relatively balmy 45F.

Shooting star or the crashing space station?

31 minutes ago, Philadelphia Snow said:

Wrong!!! For all you know this occurs at night too early to be talking about ratios.

Ratios will be lower regardless if it is day or night.  The daytime warming will be enough to cut into any totals at night during this time of year.  Solar radiation can do quite a bit of surface heating this time of year.

1 hour ago, zenmsav6810 said:

then cut that by 35% for ratios

I agree, it's going to be crap....beyond crap.

The only excitement I have regarding this event is it will probably look pretty cool as I take my 1-2 mile walk between 530-6:30am tomorrow morning. Probably decently heavy at that point.

I also made a bet w/myself that by 8pm Monday evening I won't see a drop of snow left...nothing. I may lay a $1000 on that...  

Archived