Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2017-18 OBS Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ZR continues to fall here in NW Chesco lots of icing in the trees and wires. Plus DirectTv dish is out due to ice in dish. Fortunately I have FIOS also so I am good to go for the game - Go Eagles

Temp is up to 32.4 so close to melting! Wxsim did a nice job of forecasting the cold holding longer...though only 0.5" of snow

18 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

Wow what a mess this turned out to be roads were absolutely horrendous this morning. Looks like the same issues will be occurring on Wednesday 

I went out at 10 last night and here, it was generally wet with most of the rain not freezing on contact. This morning is horrible though. Ice everywhere.

WXSIM not painting a great picture for NW Chesco on Wednesday...

Wednesday: Cloudy in the morning, becoming dense overcast in the afternoon.    Patchy light fog in the afternoon. A mix of snow, sleet, and freezing rain likely in the morning, then a mix of freezing rain and sleet likely in the afternoon. High 32. Wind east around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.      Precipitation (liquid equivalent) mostly between 1 and 2 inches. Snow or ice (on ground) accumulation 2 to 3 inches. Above-ground freezing rain accumulation up to 0.8 inches.                  

28 minutes ago, Jsdphilly said:

Ok, now that the birds are done...Can someone give me a quick update on what the coming weeks look like? I am now ready for 1 good storm tracking and this will be the best winter ever.

Well I may have traded the next 5 winter's to the snow gods for that win last night so I'd keep expectations down :lol:

Archived