Total Members
    Most Online
    nyrangers1022
    Newest Member
    nyrangers1022
WxWatcher007

The Panic Room--Winter 2017-2018

3 hours ago, Ji said:

this winter is over...after this...our snow chances decrease big time. By mid January, we have a blowtorch will will likely last 2-3 weeks...by the time we get back to snow chances...we are at Mid February and the window is closing fast and Ian starts tweeting about sun angle...

Put a fork in it...we blew a golden chance. Winter is over

3 hours ago, Ji said:

i just cancelled winter in the long range thread

I see. 

2 hours ago, NattyBo said:

Checking in for the winter.  Feels horrible that we're missing out on what could be a SECS and nothing looking good after that. 

Gonna be miserable going to work tomorrow morning with a dusting at best while looking at pictures of a real storm elsewhere

It's ok. Welcome to The Panic Room. Enjoy your stay. 

Reaped 
Eskimo Joe (11/27/17 - 12/5/17)
ALL ITERATIONS OF Stormchaserchuck (11/27/17 - 12/17/17)
NorthArlington101 (11/27/17 - 12/24/17)
Ji (11/27/17 - 1/3/18)

Watch List
Vice-Regent
Snjókoma
BristowWx
Interstate
Thanatos_I_Am
Ralph Wiggum
Buddy1987
ATreglown
EastCoast NPZ
PDIII
NattyBo

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I see. 

It's ok. Welcome to The Panic Room. Enjoy your stay. 

Reaped 
Eskimo Joe (11/27/17 - 12/5/17)
ALL ITERATIONS OF Stormchaserchuck (11/27/17 - 12/17/17)
NorthArlington101 (11/27/17 - 12/24/17)
Ji (11/27/17 - 1/3/18)

Watch List
Vice-Regent
Snjókoma
BristowWx
Interstate
Thanatos_I_Am
Ralph Wiggum
Buddy1987
ATreglown
EastCoast NPZ
PDIII
NattyBo

1 minute ago, Interstate said:

Wait until that last little glimmer of hope is crushed

I have to admit it’s very close, I may sacrifice myself to the reaper for some more West shifts. 

2 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

This winter sucks.  We chew on a half inch of pixie dust while watching another coastal blizzard.  

I think I may, for the first time, go chase snow somewhere. This place is f****** pathetic. Erie got 60”? You can take my left arm for 6” at this point.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

I think I may, for the first time, go chase snow somewhere. This place is f****** pathetic. Erie got 60”? You can take my left arm for 6” at this point.

Now we’ll probably get pac air, upper 40s highs and mid 30s lows, and then it’s straight back to 92/74 everyday. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Now we’ll probably get pac air, upper 40s highs and mid 30s lows, and then it’s straight back to 92/74 everyday. 

Oh you absolutely know that once this cold pattern relaxes, we’ll get dumped on with rain. @WxWatcher007 doesn’t even know how close I am to jumping on this winter.

7 minutes ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

Oh you absolutely know that once this cold pattern relaxes, we’ll get dumped on with rain. @WxWatcher007 doesn’t even know how close I am to jumping on this winter.

Just ‘cause I’m out here it doesn’t mean I don’t know your soul is in distress. Let go my friend...Let go...

• Haha 2

watching the NYC radar returns all morning, to add even more bile to the 1/2 inch we got.  total nukeage.  Somehow they get in on everyone's snow, even Florida's

• Like 1

Lol, I might have to think twice about Feb 1st the deciding day of if I wanna be on the watch list or not. I guess we're still paying for the Blizzard of 2016. Take out that storm, and this has been one of the most pathetic 3 year stretches in a while

What I have learned so far about living in this area.

Warm long range models = Always right, never wrong, disagree and you are a weenie

Cold long range models = Always wrong, never right, disagree and you must be an almost professional storm chasing arm chair met

I mean, we are only four days into Jan with only a blurry at best look at the mid month, and we still have Feb and early March for good snow, but throw it all away, winter is over.

I hear that solar will be low for 2018-19.

the pain is so great because its been 2-3 years of this **** followed by 2 weeks of massive cold and high heating bills only to watch as a blizzard goes right by.

And what do we have to look forward to? Rain!!!! Just in time for the cold to leave.

Its just unreal sometimes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cobalt said:

Lol, I might have to think twice about Feb 1st the deciding day of if I wanna be on the watch list or not. I guess we're still paying for the Blizzard of 2016. Take out that storm, and this has been one of the most pathetic 3 year stretches in a while

Well, at least since Dec. 2010 through March 2013 (out here).

I track to the end and it's not over. We will have more chances. Maybe even next week. But I'm not going to pretend I'm not concerned or disappointed that it seems we wasted a long cold period without much to show for it. You would have to have your head in the sand to feel great about winter in general today. We all know most years we only get so many chances so when we start wasting them it's not good. 

So i know it will snow again. And almost definitely this winter. And I will track every threat. And I never give up hope. But hope isn't a plan and I'm not gonna pretend I feel great about staring down a pretty crap pattern just as we enter peak snow climo. So i have no idea where that puts me on "the list" buts that's where I'm at now. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Well, at least since 2010 through March 2013 (out here).

I liked 2010-2011, since it was one of the earliest winters I completely remember (other than 2009-10) that I remember. I was in 2nd grade, and I remembered the 1/26 heavy rain to heavy snow event, which is by far one of my most favorite snow events. Only reason why I think the 3 year period wasn't fully trash, but of course the 2 year period of 2011/12 and 2012/13 was as awful as it gets. I don't think this 2 year stretch will be as bad as that, but it would surely be one of the most disappointing. 

2 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

I liked 2010-2011, since it was one of the earliest winters I completely remember (other than 2009-10) that I remember. I was in 2nd grade, and I remembered the 1/26 heavy rain to heavy snow event, which is by far one of my most favorite snow events. Only reason why I think the 3 year period wasn't fully trash, but of course the 2 year period of 2011/12 and 2012/13 was as awful as it gets. I don't think this 2 year stretch will be as bad as that, but it would surely be one of the most disappointing. 

I think I just got really old reading this post.