• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

WxWatcher007

The Panic Room--Winter 2017-2018

1 minute ago, Philadelphia Snow said:

If your talking about me, Im sorry, do not know what I did so if you can please tell me... 

No. The guy talking about how the DMV is a dump. Don't mean to stir the pot, just genuinely curious as to why it happens.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Philadelphia Snow said:

If your talking about me, Im sorry, do not know what I did so if you can please tell me... 

You're good in my book. Just think one of your posts got taken out of context. Lack of snow has people on edge is all.

5 hours ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

No. The guy talking about how the DMV is a dump. Don't mean to stir the pot, just genuinely curious as to why it happens.

Clearly, the dude is unhappy. And for whatever reason, unhappy people feel better when they crap on others. Personally, I feel bad for the guy. The bitterness in the way that he expressed that he wants to move but can't left me with an awful feeling as if he feels he doesn't  have any control over his life. Hopefully he's young enough to make the changes he needs to in order to be happy.

Anyway, sorry to Wxwatcher007 for continuing the dialog in his thread. I put the guy on ignore so that's the end of it for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Clearly, the dude is unhappy. And for whatever reason, unhappy people feel better when they crap on others. Personally, I feel bad for the guy. The bitterness in the way that he expressed that he wants to move but can't left me with an awful feeling as if he feels he doesn't  have any control over his life. Hopefully he's young enough to make the changes he needs to in order to be happy.

Anyway, sorry to Wxwatcher007 for continuing the dialog in his thread. I put the guy on ignore so that's the end of it for me.

Feel the same, and also did the same......

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Feel the same, and also did the same......

Haven't ever put anyone on ignore on these boards after 20+ years. After all I find some entertainment value on occasion with their antics. But I tell you what, this year has tried my patience and I have a couple oh so close. 

5 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

A lot of condescending words coming from someone who lives in Baltimore City.

38 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

This is a thread for panic/creativity/humor. The nonsense about where people live has run its course. Get back on track. 

A MA wipeout could occur next week if the epic blizzard fails. 

Are you trying to control how I express myself? 

On the second day, as the Reaper of Souls walked along the Great Lake, he came across a greedy and entitled weenie. This is boring and it might as well not snow, said the weenie as snowflakes lightly fell from the sky. The ignorant words of the greedy and entitled weenie aroused the rage of the Reaper of Souls.

The Reaper stretched out his hands over the Great Lake and looked toward the sky. The overcast landscape before the greedy and entitled weenie began to clear and the light of despair broke through. Winter's wind carried the snowflakes toward the sky and into a grand disturbance which developed at the right and left hand of the Reaper of Souls. The weenie trembled with fear.

Behold the snow hole that thy shameful words hath wrought. I am the Reaper of Souls, empowered by Winter to shine light on the false prophets, cull the weak from the herd, and take the broken winter weenie souls of the lost. Today, you shall know the despair of the Mid-Atlantic. The greedy and entitled weenie fell to his knees and wept at the feet of the Reaper of Souls. 

WLyML1Y.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

54 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Tick tock goes the clock. The 10th is right aroound the corner. I need to start figuring out what creative way I am going to jump this year.

Strap sparklers and Roman candles to yoself as you fall on your way down into a vat of nitroglycerin 

• Haha 1

I honestly feel like mother nature actually conspires against the mid atlantic.  Certain things just happen where you  have to wonder.

Like 2 weeks of bitter cold and no precip followed by what I am fairly certain will be a rain event or two.

I get it, climo this this and that, but we don't even do climo lately.

George Washington use to think mother nature conspired against him. When he had a bad crop year due to lack of rain and a rainstorm would come and hit everywhere but his house. He'd fume about it in his diary.

We know the pain George.

And on the third day, as the Reaper of Souls walked the shores of the Great Lake once more, he encountered a group of weenies that looked out over the landscape and prayed for snow. The weenies looked at the bright skies above them, and the Reaper felt their humility and despair.

The Reaper raised his right hand toward the sky, and the water vapor of the Great Lake began to rise before the eyes of the weenies. Behold! said the Reaper, as snow began to fall among them. 

Then said the Reaper to the weenies: Let not your heart be troubled. If you believe in snow, you believe also in me. For where there is despair, there is hope. Those with humble and pure hearts that patiently wait on Winter shall see the glory of snow. 

The youngest of the weenies cried out. Stay with us! I beg you to continue to work your miracles here. The Reaper then replied: I must go. For I can hear a great lamentation rising from the Mid-Atlantic. I must come down from this place and return to prepare for the Great Reaping that will come if they do not turn from their worship of the false prophets. And as the Reaper of Souls departed, the dark clouds above began to give way to the bright skies and cold and dry conditions of before. 

5a4937c06b1ac_ScreenShot2017-12-31at2_15_31PM.thumb.png.cafaa9b526a40ddc9fba92270a4e8fb0.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/5/2017 at 11:33 AM, PrinceFrederickWx said:

You people need to stop rooting for weak La Ninas every year- 1996 was a once-in-a-1000 year event. As I've said for years on here, it's better to roll the dice with a strong El Nino.

Just in case you all forget this important lesson. :-)

• Like 1

This is going to be a memorable cold and snowy winter in the Mid Atlantic Subforum.

The COLD is already memorable, and it will eventually help make for Memorable Snow.

By late March, many will be praying for Spring. Folks in the Mid Atlantic will be absolutely exhausted of deep snow, of having to shovel it, of horrific heat bills, and of Ice.

I however never tire of extreme cold, deep snow and ice. I can dig snow forever and the extreme bitter cold is my home. I walk effortlessly on solid ice.

Welcome to 2018. We have barely begun Winter, it is only 11 days old.

• Like 1

Checking in for the winter.  Feels horrible that we're missing out on what could be a SECS and nothing looking good after that. 

Gonna be miserable going to work tomorrow morning with a dusting at best while looking at pictures of a real storm elsewhere

You guys give up so easy.

Honestly after this cold spell I wish it would warm up until next winter.  But I know winter's not done with us.  It's obvious.