Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, doncat said:

Surprised how well the snowpack is doing despite temps near 40 last several days...lots of daytime clouds has helped.

Reminds me of how the April 2003 storm's snowpack lasted for like 4 days because we were in the upper 30s with cloudy conditions for a few days.

5 hours ago, coastalplainsnowman said:

With regard to the coastal, isn't it time to rename the thread 'Fishogenesis' or some such thing in order to draw it west?  If memory serves, that was what got the January 4th storm to start trending in the right direction..

You are correct. As soon as Rjay renamed the thread the storm started coming west.

TWC should have named that storm Rjay.

41 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

You are correct. As soon as Rjay renamed the thread the storm started coming west.

TWC should have named that storm Rjay.

Lol

I wish I would have changed the name 2 days ago.  It's too late now. 

Btw, I was at the zoo the other day and the zookeeper told me to say "hi" to you.

32 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Lol

I wish I would have changed the name 2 days ago.  It's too late now. 

Btw, I was at the zoo the other day and the zookeeper told me to say "hi" to you.

Rjay I think you should take some type of emergency action in this case and change the damn name of that thread or at least MODIFY the thread name,,,,,it needs something brother and these models not pinning it down and going to nowcasting aint cutting it. You have to modify the thread name if at all possible and help give this thing at least a 50 mile kick west and or and earlier phasing, it could be the last storm of the year and you were go down in weather folk law as a legend or myth .Also as we can see from Feen that his tool just aint cutting it , evidently  it has some kinks in it or needs to be recalibrated ?

15 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Rjay I think you should take some type of emergency action in this case and change the damn name of that thread or at least MODIFY the thread name,,,,,it needs something brother and these models not pinning it down and going to nowcasting aint cutting it. You have to modify the thread name if at all possible and help give this thing at least a 50 mile kick west and or and earlier phasing, it could be the last storm of the year and you were go down in weather folk law as a legend or myth .Also as we can see from Feen that his tool just aint cutting it , evidently  it has some kinks in it or needs to be recalibrated ?

I did it but it's too late 

20 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Feen said he was working on it!

giphy.gif

Best weather tweets of March so far.

Tracking is more fun. :)

I’ve forecasted for 20+ years. I’ve learned not to do it on my days off (thanks Miles Lawrence) because I don’t want my love of weather to be trampled by forecasting. I’ve seen co-workers grow to hate forecasting, but say they hate meteorology. I don’t want to hate weather.

4 hours ago, Dan76 said:

Whats up with all these new posters.....I mean jeez were at the end of the rope and they just keep flocking here.

Yep, I made mention of this last week.  It's especially noticeable whenever there's a high potential big storm threat (such as March 7th).

21 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Has there ever been a snowfall season when South Texas had more snow than DC?

https://www.weather.gov/crp/20171208_snow

DC.....3.7 so far

0943 AM     HEAVY SNOW       2 E KINGS CROSSING GOLF 27.65N  97.36W
12/08/2017  M7.0 INCH        NUECES             TX   NWS EMPLOYEE

7.0" OF SNOW REPORTED BY NWS EMPLOYEE.

The awful run of luck just keeps continuing down in Dc. Event after event finds a way to miss them. It’s got to be infuriating for snow lovers there

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived