Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another year, another memorable winter (and I realize we may not quite be done.)   A great two week stretch of frigid cold after Christmas capped off with what's now considered your average annual blizzard, and ending with feet of snow over the course of March, with a mini-Spring in the six weeks in between.  

5 minutes ago, coastalplainsnowman said:

Another year, another memorable winter (and I realize we may not quite be done.)   A great two week stretch of frigid cold after Christmas capped off with what's now considered your average annual blizzard, and ending with feet of snow over the course of March, with a mini-Spring in the six weeks in between.  

I think we're done here except maybe far northern areas unless a freak storm hits during the night

@Rjay how much did u get?

2 hours ago, seanick said:

The funny part is there will still be people who say it can't snow this much in March. 

This also brings the Central Park March snowfall total to 11.4 inches as of midnight last night, beating the 11.2 inches that fell in January. This is now the the 3rd time in the last 4 years that March will be the snowiest month of the winter season, provided we don't get a big April surprise. DOn't rule it out.

We even overcame the sun angle, scientifically impossible.

3 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

This also brings the Central Park March snowfall total to 11.4 inches as of midnight last night, beating the 11.2 inches that fell in January. This is now the the 3rd time in the last 4 years that March will be the snowiest month of the winter season, provided we don't get a big April surprise. DOn't rule it out.

We even overcame the sun angle, scientifically impossible.

21 inches on Staten island in march...second storm 10+...47 for the season...so far...

12 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

11.5" in Chester. I'm surprised how little there is at the office in Parsippany. 

I know I mentioned it the other day, but I was happy this one was pedestrian by us. Between the school snow days for the kids, the lack of power, the $800 in tree damage, and the loss of $200 in food from multiple power outages, I could use a break. Plus, for snow lovers like us, it was nice that other areas missed in previous storms cashed in and were enjoyed.

21 hours ago, North and West said:

I know I mentioned it the other day, but I was happy this one was pedestrian by us. Between the school snow days for the kids, the lack of power, the $800 in tree damage, and the loss of $200 in food from multiple power outages, I could use a break. Plus, for snow lovers like us, it was nice that other areas missed in previous storms cashed in and were enjoyed.

I felt the same way.   The town is going around chipping all the branches that fell from the 3/7 storm and it's taking forever.  Didn't need a repeat of that and the kids have missed enough school.

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived