8 hours ago, ncforecaster89 said:

What’s not accurate?  Here’s the top five:

3/12-14/1888 = 20.9”

3/07-09/1941 = 18.1”

3/03-05/1960 = 14.6”

3/01-02/1914 = 14.5”

3/16-16/1896 = 12.0”

Number 10 = 3/02/1896 = 10.0”

4/03-04/1915 = 10.2” would be #10 if it’s March or later storms.  

EDIT: Here’s the link to resource used to tabulate list:

http://w2.weather.gov/climate/xmacis.php?wfo=okx

Nice.   Good job.   

22 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Yes and as happens many more times than it should, they couldn't even pick up a ruler and measure it. And the beat goes on.

Actually I think that old zoo keeper ruler has developed a cult following. CPK has amended the cliche to read “How to measure less with more”

9 minutes ago, snywx said:

The potential exist for some parts of Orange county to have accumulated over 60" since March 2nd if this storm pans out. Thats just pure insanity

Imagine if each Winter month produced like this?  We'd be looking at a 100" or greater season.

18 minutes ago, sussexcountyobs said:

Thinking about it, I agree with you. Even out here, ratios will probably be only 5-7:1. And in the city maybe 3-4:1. Especially with daylight savings.

7 minutes ago, Drz1111 said:

Yessss finally someone is talking about the daylight savings issue which is legit since they changed the law now in late March we have to worry about sun angle and an extra hour of sunlight every day is a huge factor in late season storms

5 minutes ago, mikem81 said:

The sun is out for the same amount of time. The DST has nothing to die with sun angle. 

3 minutes ago, Joe4alb said:

Please tell me you aren't serious. Our laws dont effect mother nature. We haven't added any extra daylight.

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

daylight savings has nothing to do with it-it's darker an hour later in the morning, we simply moved the hour of light to the evening.    It's still 12 hrs of light with or without DST.  But yes, there will be some issues b/w 10am and 2-3pm if it's not coming down heavy.   Luckily the best snows are from 3-9pm or something like that.

gJFQmPO.jpg

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

DST may not have an effect on snowfall but everyone knows it affects the growing season...

I still do not get the fact that people think changing the hour hand on a clock makes the sun stay out longer.  We get the same amount of daylight regardless.  The sun does not care what we earthlings do.

Tomorrow is a BUST for ALL...

MAJOR HAARP activity will suppress occlusion until the low is WELL EAST of modelling......... banding will set up over central LI at best and temps will only support rain...... spotter reports of chemtrail activity support this, THEY don't want you enjoying SNOW ... also CRACK is DELICIOUS #nor'leaster

Can the storm be a bust? Absolutely. Is it as likely to be a bust as the previous storms were? Absolutely not. Why do people let their personal bias for or against snow get in the way? I see it on both sides but usually the anti snow people. We get it, you don't like snow. It will be gone in a few days anyway so just please stop saying every model is a miss, it's warm, the snow won't stick. Or any other BS. Let the storm play out. You are ruining this board. 

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived