Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Well I guess tomorrow just hasn’t happened yet!

If this changes over tomorrow, I'm going to be in a rage lol.

I'm partially tempered by the fact that next week is either going to be our big one or a suppression, no chance of any mixing with that one.

3 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Suppression? 

Sorry, I fixed that, I was talking about next week's storm either being our big one or being suppressed- no chance of mixing with that one, which is a refreshing change.

Although if this never changes over then we could have two of those back to back- which I don't know has ever happened in March before.

2 minutes ago, Paragon said:

Sorry, I fixed that, I was talking about next week's storm either being our big one or being suppressed- no chance of mixing with that one, which is a refreshing change.

Although if this never changes over then we could have two of those back to back- which I don't know has ever happened in March before.

I don’t think it has and it would be pretty epic. We are going to have to call it the weatherpruf period as he claimed Big snows in March were impossible 

4 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I don’t think it has and it would be pretty epic. We are going to have to call it the weatherpruf period as he claimed Big snows in March were impossible 

I have a dim memory of back to back snowstorms in March but they weren't big ones.  One time it happened in 1984 (I think?) and they were both 4-5 inch snowstorms that both happened at night.  The other time was 1991 I think?  And those were both in the second half of March- I think the first one was NYC's first 6" snowfall in several years (but was only like 2-3" here on the south shore and JFK of course, before it went to a mix and back and forth between that and snow) followed by a storm on the 22nd that was supposed to be colder and all snow for everyone and 5-8" but ended up being only 3-5" (still all snow, which is something after March 20th.)  But I dont remember any back to back 6"+ events in March let alone back to back footers.....

1 minute ago, nzucker said:

March 2004 had back-to-back snowfalls around the equinox...each one was like 6-8" in Westchester. Manhattan did pretty well on one of them, I believe.

Oh, for some reason I remember those as being better for eastern LI than over here.  I wonder if we had a changeover or dry slot down here.

This is a January 2015-like bust for the inland areas... but Im happy for you coastal guys! All I can do is laugh looking at the comparison of 18z NAM and 6z NAM snow maps. Look at the NWS warnings in upstate NY and NEPA... LMAO

I don't envy the job of the mods...3-4 pages of NYC's school closure decision in the storm discussion thread. Impressive. 

Just call him Bill "Lindsey" DeBlasio if the Euro is the most accurate. 

My angst..with these east runs, my qpf has decreased...I may not jackpot! (Heavy sarc)

Enjoy the snow. March storms are the best... I'm sure surprises are in store. 

1 hour ago, sferic said:

Is next Monday's threat valid and worth discussing now or too soon?

I know I had read it could be a triple phaser, is that still on the table?

It is a valid threat, the mid-atlantic forum already has a thread for it lol. Something we will have to start closely monitoring starting tomorrow.

In my location ....even though NWS said 6-12 ,,,, In my heart I knew 3-6  was the best call ,,,so we finished with about 3-4 inches of SLOP....

It is ,,,,what it is!! CONGRATS to those who got into the HEAVY SNOW AND THUNDER/LIGHTING !

I AM looking forward to tracking for  next week's potential.....

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived