Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I’ll clarify- I’m not a “warmista” until about April. Love snowstorms as much as any weenie. But I like summer heat too. I just don’t understand rooting for 50s and fog in June.  But hey- to each their own. Most people wouldnt understand why any of us sit up to watch the euro come out at 1 am. My wife included. 

Hello all ,,,My name is Rob I have been on this board since 2011 but re-joined in 2014,.due to family issues haven't posted much; Glad to be back here...I think this storm will "have some tricks up it's sleeves" ; Just my gut feeling ...I hope everyone who didn't cash in last week gets some snow this time around! 

Look forward to nowcasting this event...

26 minutes ago, tdp146 said:

And I’ll clarify- I’m not a “warmista” until about April. Love snowstorms as much as any weenie. But I like summer heat too. I just don’t understand rooting for 50s and fog in June.  But hey- to each their own. Most people wouldnt understand why any of us sit up to watch the euro come out at 1 am. My wife included. 

Exactly. My gf thinks I’m nuts but I have her doing my obs for me in wantagh when I’m working in the city. 

53 minutes ago, tdp146 said:

One reason I like summer... I can post more freely about sitting on the beach enjoying 90/70 and there are only like 9 people on the board to read/comment/complain.  

Ikr.  When you post in June it takes like three hours for someone to respond.  I have to say though, it always intrigues me how many new handles sprout up when a major storm is incoming, then you never see 'em again afterwords.

Just now, JerseyWx said:

Ikr.  When you post in June it takes like three hours for someone to respond.  I have to say though, it always intrigues me how many new handles sprout up when a major storm is incoming, then you never see 'em again afterwords.

Those are all rjay's socks, no one else responds to him so he talks to himself.

I did something good I blocked like 15 people that have no clue about meteorology but weasel their way in like they do. I'm glad I did.. i was just reading the thread and it was much cleaned without their bs. Also blocked a bunch of people that don't know how to use the banter thread but instead talk about history books on the storm thread. I also blocked all the moderators cause ya'lll are biased except Rjay, he's my boy. Many times I express my opinion than someone attacks me for my opinion yet their attacks don't get deleted but if I'm trying to correct someone like no offense Anthony today he called for 3-6 a depiction from Nam at 12z I just respectfully told him that was not the case the Nam showed 6-8 for NYC but mine comment got deleted. It's obnoxious and I know it's JM and that guy bxengine. I'm you're cool just can'  read your posts cause you'ew always conservative like your a met on tv. So I blocked both of them. Anthony, snowgoose,rjay,yanksfan, supedstorm (havent seen his posts this year)and sometimes snowski r my favorite posters on here. Although Anthony you've gotten scared on your calls from the last storm. Go big with this one, it has legs. Also I blocked snowman since the moderators leave his horrible analysis that aren't even what models show, but he's biased towards a warmed solution and it' just wrong. Go blog on a summer blog bro or get a different hobby. Okay I'm done venting...oh juliancolton or whatever your name is, you try to sound smart but in my opinion you have a lot to learn, decent poster though just conceited in my opinion. Enjoy the biggest snow fall of the season.

Edit: John M. I unblocked you we go way back and you're a met 

And snowy from Orange county u go kid u gonna get nailed this storm..snd Julian ur cool I didn't block u ur kinda funny but just maybe annoying sometimes

5 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

I did something good I blocked like 15 people that have no clue about meteorology but weasel their way in like they do. I'm glad I did.. i was just reading the thread and it was much cleaned without their bs. Also blocked a bunch of people that don't know how to use the banter thread but instead talk about history books on the storm thread. I also blocked all the moderators cause ya'lll are biased except Rjay, he's my boy. Many times I express my opinion than someone attacks me for my opinion yet their attacks don't get deleted but if I'm trying to correct someone like no offense Anthony today he called for 3-6 a depiction from Nam at 12z I just respectfully told him that was not the case the Nam showed 6-8 for NYC but mine comment got deleted. It's obnoxious and I know it's JM and that guy bxengine. I'm you're cool just can'  read your posts cause you'ew always conservative like your a met on tv. So I blocked both of them. Anthony, snowgoose,rjay,yanksfan, supedstorm (havent seen his posts this year)and sometimes snowski r my favorite posters on here. Although Anthony you've gotten scared on your calls from the last storm. Go big with this one, it has legs. Also I blocked snowman since the moderators leave his horrible analysis that aren't even what models show, but he's biased towards a warmed solution and it' just wrong. Go blog on a summer blog bro or get a different hobby. Okay I'm done venting...oh juliancolton or whatever your name is, you try to sound smart but in my opinion you have a lot to learn, decent poster though just conceited in my opinion. Enjoy the biggest snow fall of the season.

You do you, Feen.

4 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

"Go blog on a summer blog bro" :lol:

4 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Exactly. My gf thinks I’m nuts but I have her doing my obs for me in wantagh when I’m working in the city. 

Sounds like love.  Mrs Northshore says she loves me, but she won't measure snow for me.

Edit: Adding a big fat smiley :D since things tend to get misconstrued in this medium.

Edit: John M. I unblocked you we go way back and you're a met 

And snowy from Orange county u go kid u gonna get nailed this storm..snd Julian ur cool I didn't block u ur kinda funny but just maybe annoying sometimes
Feen, I like you brother.. I do. But take something from me that it took until the military for me to learn, let things roll off of you. People are entitled to their opinion, but you're also entitled not to listen to them.

Also, understand, some people tend to be a little more aggressive when they are posting and not in front of a person. It's actually a physchological phenomenon and shouldn't be taken personally. Life is too short.

8 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Omg FEEN!!  

Yup.  F BxEngine, JM, Julian and all the haters!

:wub: 

awwwww 

In all honesty, if the major event happens that models are converging on tonight, props to those who called for the NAO block to win out and force it east. I come across as leaning conservative sometimes because I want to go through all that can go wrong for snow events here, but we've largely seen it work out over the last decade. Trust me (and those of you who know me long enough can vouch), I root on and rage in them as much as anyone. And rage especially hard when I land on the wrong side of the R/S line. 

27 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

:wub: 

awwwww 

In all honesty, if the major event happens that models are converging on tonight, props to those who called for the NAO block to win out and force it east. I come across as leaning conservative sometimes because I want to go through all that can go wrong for snow events here, but we've largely seen it work out over the last decade. Trust me (and those of you who know me long enough can vouch), I root on and rage in them as much as anyone. And rage especially hard when I land on the wrong side of the R/S line. 

I just hate March lol.  Aside from the superstorm and even that changed to rain here, in my lifetime nothing great has happened in March.

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived