Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Juliancolton said:

That doesn't mean anything... you can see the NYC skyline from Sugarloaf in Beacon. There's nothing wrong with not living in NYC, but you don't live in NYC.

Never said I lived in NYC, nor would I want to live there.

You city folk can have it. 

But to say that I don't live in the NYC "area" is absurd.

2 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

I suggested to @Rjay a separate storm specific banter thread, but he turned it down. 

It will be easier to moderate if you heavily moderate the main thread and then all the junk can go into the second thread.

Or you can just use the existing banter thread to...banter.

2 minutes ago, Sophisticated Skeptic said:

You’re just as messed up.  ( give him his weenie tag back)

my weenie tag has taught me to be more constructive...even I still get troll urges at times.   :-/

The Monday storm is no joke, need that main vortmax a little close to the coast though.

How can you say that tomorrow's storm is no big deal?

If you think 6"+ of snow in March is no big deal, you should lower your expectations.

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Another fun snowfall guessing game, it could literally be anywhere from 1-12"+.

Have a feeling the dense cold acts to push the low further s&e. We see this a lot in winter where the modeled warm punch ends up being further south and east, and the low ends up further s&e near the gradient. 

Thats quite the post considering you threw in the towel in the storm thread at 5 am after the NAM run. 

39 minutes ago, North and West said:

I got deleted out of the storm thread, but I'm trying to cut through the posts for an IMBY question - what are we looking at for MMU? There are so many different suggestions. Thank you!

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-74.41336989898687&lat=40.80016940770636#.Wp7P4ucViUk

13 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Can't wait til the mid level dry air kills your ratios.  

We'll make up for it with the storm next week which if anything is going to be suppressed- which is great because the usual northward trend is at play.

If you had me choose which storm to jackpot in- it would be that one.

I think Craig Allen had been on our board

This scenario has been playing out all morning in the snow weenie community from 9am on-----

Last night's NAMs brought a massive snowstorm to much of the region. But the morning run probably had many climbing out on a ledge after a 'warm, tucked-in storm' NAM run. It sorta caved
to the mostly wet GFS. (GFS is still the warmest of all)

But wait!  ♪Ohhhhhh Canada♫ GGEM and RGEM are much snowier. 

Hold on! The Euro is posting. I think......Wait........one more panel......C'mon Euro. YES! The Euro barely waivers and preserves our snowstorm. All hail King Euro!!!

You can step off the ledge now and resume posting your snow total maps.  lmao. This is what meteorologists have to answer to, lol

I'll post more technical info later after truly looking at the model output. 

1 hour ago, Stormlover74 said:

I think Craig Allen had been on our board

This scenario has been playing out all morning in the snow weenie community from 9am on-----

Last night's NAMs brought a massive snowstorm to much of the region. But the morning run probably had many climbing out on a ledge after a 'warm, tucked-in storm' NAM run. It sorta caved
to the mostly wet GFS. (GFS is still the warmest of all)

But wait!  ♪Ohhhhhh Canada♫ GGEM and RGEM are much snowier. 

Hold on! The Euro is posting. I think......Wait........one more panel......C'mon Euro. YES! The Euro barely waivers and preserves our snowstorm. All hail King Euro!!!

You can step off the ledge now and resume posting your snow total maps.  lmao. This is what meteorologists have to answer to, lol

I'll post more technical info later after truly looking at the model output. 

He posts stuff like this all the time.  I think he is the best along with Goldberg and Gregory in our area.

Just now, NJwx85 said:

There was no reason for my last post to get deleted.

People need to stop acting like children.

It's an embarrassment. 

Posts not related to the storm are getting deleted. Im not editing posts to take the childish bs out if the rest of the post contains discussions about the storm. 

1 minute ago, BxEngine said:

Posts not related to the storm are getting deleted. Im not editing posts to take the childish bs out if the rest of the post contains discussions about the storm. 

The main thread is a disaster, which is business as usual, because everyone is only concerned about where they live.

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived