Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

3 minutes ago, Rjay said:

I understand.  We work full time jobs and have families so we can't be around as much as we'd like to be.  We do the best we can but we try not to hide as many posts as we used to due to multiple board splits and losing a lot of posters to these splits.  It's a tough balance to make everyone happy (enough).  You have some posters who are loved my many and at the same time not liked by others.

If you see bad meteorology, point it out and explain why it's wrong.  There's not enough people willing to teach someone a thing or two on here nowadays. 

Bx and I would love to be able to 5 post but that ability was taken away by the board update and has not be addressed by the admins even though I've asked countless times.  

Eh, you replied too fast before I deleted the post.  You guys do a good job of keeping things reasonably civil without getting yourself sucked into too much nonsense.,  More than we can ask for.

I've been a volunteer often enough, so I get it.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The interior has really put up a fight to reclaim the snow crown from the coast since the January 4th blizzard. All they needed was the strongest ever WAR/SE ridge on record for this time of year to make the coast less competitive.
Now watch the coast get demolished next weekend ha

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

Now watch the coast get demolished next weekend ha

It has almost been like a ping pong game between coast and interior since the interior blizzard last March. Let's get back to some good old El Ninos already since this La Nina routine is becoming old.;)

19 minutes ago, Rjay said:

I understand.  We work full time jobs and have families so we can't be around as much as we'd like to be.  We do the best we can but we try not to hide as many posts as we used to due to multiple board splits and losing a lot of posters to these splits.  It's a tough balance to make everyone happy (enough).  You have some posters who are loved by many and at the same time not liked by others.

If you see bad meteorology, point it out and explain why it's wrong.  There's not enough people willing to teach someone a thing or two on here nowadays. 

Bx and I would love to be able to 5 post but that ability was taken away by the board update and has not be addressed by the admins even though I've asked countless times.  

Families and full time jobs...sounds like a slackers excuses to me. :rambo:

It has almost been like a ping pong game between coast and interior since the interior blizzard last March. Lets get back to some good old El Ninos already since this La Nina routine is becoming old.
Honestly, it's a shame. Had there been ANY cold air around, this would have been a hit for everyone involved. That being said, with the EPO next week, we may potentially see the cold air needed for give everyone smiles. The NAO seems to want to head towards neutral thohgh..

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

It has almost been like a ping pong game between coast and interior since the interior blizzard last March. Let's get back to some good old El Ninos already since this La Nina routine is becoming old.;)

Yeah I wouldn't mind another super El Nino since look what an awesome snowstorm we got with the last one.

1 hour ago, USCG RS said:

Honestly, it's a shame. Had there been ANY cold air around, this would have been a hit for everyone involved. That being said, with the EPO next week, we may potentially see the cold air needed for give everyone smiles. The NAO seems to want to head towards neutral thohgh..

Neutral NAO (NAO phase change) is actually a good sign, though the amount of cold air around might make the point moot.

2 hours ago, BxEngine said:

Snowman literally just returned from a month suspension, and has been 5 posted for a long time. And as usual, there is a lot more behind the scenes that you arent privy to, so id suggest maybe not going to bat for certain people. 

I figured something happened to him because he was suspiciously quiet during our record warm February.  If he had the ability to post he would have posted a lot last month lol.

2 hours ago, Rjay said:

We honestly try to stay out of the way as much as possible.   We are glorified babysitters.  

also *unpaid.  Some forget that you receive nothing in return for your services except of course for the gratefulness of most of the members here.

2 minutes ago, EasternLI said:

I'll stick with weak, have done well here with those generally. I don't think anyone wants strong unless your name is snowman.

Strong gives us the big Miller A storms that deliver the goods for everyone, weak is generally better for Miller Bs which are better for the eastern and northern parts of the forum.  I think we need at least a moderate el nino to wipe away this la nina pattern we've been in.  I want a super strong STJ next winter.  I'd rather have a nothing December and early January and a big late January, February.

8 minutes ago, Paragon said:

Strong gives us the big Miller A storms that deliver the goods for everyone, weak is generally better for Miller Bs which are better for the eastern and northern parts of the forum.  I think we need at least a moderate el nino to wipe away this la nina pattern we've been in.  I want a super strong STJ next winter.  I'd rather have a nothing December and early January and a big late January, February.

Moderate is ok, I'm not opposed to moderate. I just don't think we need another global temp spike from another strong nino right now. That's my main concern with that.

Moderate is ok, I'm not opposed to moderate. I just don't think we need another global temp spike from another strong nino right now. That's my main concern with that.

I'd like to see something like 2002-03, that was one of my favorite winters that people dont talk that much about.  It broke a string of a few bad la nina winters.  I would like a 2002 type summer leading up to that too :)

Yeah, the Jan fish bomb blizzard was a lot of fun tracking and watching play out. If it wasn't moving at light speed it would have given the biggest ones here a run for their money. It was still very impressive regardless.

That was the one storm that made the price of admission for this winter worth paying. At least we avoided the 01-02, 06-07, 07-08, and 11-12 snowfall outcomes.

5 minutes ago, bluewave said:

That was the one storm that made the price of admission for this winter worth paying. At least we avoided the 01-02, 06-07, 07-08, and 11-12 snowfall outcomes.

Yes, exactly. I was never really big on this year for huge snows TBH. When I was looking through everything during the fall what stuck out to me was a snowfall ceiling of around average and a floor of dead ratter. The average snowfall years had the pattern flip in Nov like we saw this year, the ratter years did not. That's why I got a little excited when the Nov flip came into focus this year.

3 minutes ago, EasternLI said:

Yes, exactly. I was never really big on this year for huge snows TBH. When I was looking through everything during the fall what stuck out to me was a snowfall ceiling of around average and a floor of dead ratter. The average snowfall years had the pattern flip in Nov like we saw this year, the ratter years did not. That's why I got a little excited when the Nov flip came into focus this year.

Those below normal LI snowfall outcomes have been rare since 2000. With the increased blocking in the Atlantic and Pacific since 2000, raging +EPO patterns like 01-02, 06-07, 07-08, and 11-12 were the exception.

6 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Those below normal LI snowfall outcomes have been rare since 2000. With the increased blocking in the Atlantic and Pacific since 2000, raging +EPO patterns like 01-02, 06-07, 07-08, and 11-12 were the exception.

That's a great point. Hopefully we can keep it the exception :lol:

1 hour ago, EasternLI said:

That's a great point. Hopefully we can keep it the exception :lol:

LI was able to hit normal or above normal seasonal snowfall 3 winters in a row now with record warm periods. This is the first 3 winters in a row like this. Welcome to spring in Denver.;)

A papa-oom-mow-mow
A papa-oom-mow-mow
A papa-oom-mow-mow
A papa-oom-mow-mow
Funniest sound i ever heard
(a papa-oom-mow-mow a papa-oom-mow-mow)
But i can't understand a single word
(a papa-oom-mow-mow a papa-oom-mow-mow)
Well if he's serious or if he's playin'
Woo my my it's all he's sayin
Papa-papa-hoooo

3 minutes ago, snowman19 said: