Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

3 minutes ago, strgazr27 said:

I have for years. Up until about 10 years ago I would sneak in there during/after any good snowfall. It’s actually a cool little hill to ski/snowboard on. The run off at the bottoms is a bit shorter now but still doable. The hike back up sucks after about the 5th run though lol. Too old now for it but we had good times for quite a few years when I was younger. And more daring (stupid).

Sounds like we are neighbors.  I got thrown out of there years ago after one or two runs when I took my son sledding.  They don't even allow cross country skiing now.  There are some good places to steal a few turns in the county preserve just to the north when there is enough snow if you don't mind the trees.  There is one hill towards San Remo that some kids set up jumps on a couple of years ago.  I think they were boarding. I've thought about it.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Banter about past storms...on February 8, 2013 we had less than a quarter inch of rain.  From late morning on it was light snow until all hell broke loose around 5PM.  During the evening, there was a little mixing with sleet...but no inch of rain from that storm in this part of LI.

In late February 2010, I think we had closer to 2" of rain followed by a foot of snow.

Wow. Thanks.

I think I remember my friend in Huntington say he got 1-125" before he got 30"+ of snow.

1 hour ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

never a good thing to log in and NOT see many recent posts,,,hopefully its the calm before the STORM,,,,,

It just begun. This storm is gonna be fierce whether its coastal flooding, winds, heavy rain, or snow. Power outages are mounting out in Ohio, W PA & W NY.

1 minute ago, Rjay said:

@IrishRob17 Was just watching the news and, "we thought we were going to see a nor'easter but this is quickly turning into a bomb cyclone".  Kill me now!

I’ve already have seen some posts with the words from that list from the other day. We should make that list into a drinking game. 

So, last night as I was leaving work, I mentioned to some coworkers to "Be safe tomorrow!" My boss yells out, "It's just going to rain!" While another Director chimes in, "It's 60 degrees!" Soooo... does anyone else face this ignorance whenever it comes to these events?

22 minutes ago, North and West said:

So, last night as I was leaving work, I mentioned to some coworkers to "Be safe tomorrow!" My boss yells out, "It's just going to rain!" While another Director chimes in, "It's 60 degrees!" Soooo... does anyone else face this ignorance whenever it comes to these events?

Most people have no idea what's going on around them in general.  When it comes to weather, I've all but given up lol.

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived