Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

2 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I don't get the point of getting worked up, it's not like we can control the weather, it is what it is.  

Exactly, plus when you go through stretches like this it makes the snowy streaks even better. People won't admit it, but a majority of people would get tired of wall to wall cold and snow from December to March.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

Exactly, plus when you go through stretches like this it makes the snowy streaks even better. People won't admit it, but a majority of people would get tired of wall to wall cold and snow from December to March.

Possibly.  I'm not one of those people, I enjoy solid snow cover but again, its out of my control.  That said, I enjoy the changing seasons.  I couldn't live in a place that was essentially one season year round.

16 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

It's amazing how pissy people get when it rains in January/February. We don't live in Fargo.

Plus that was a pretty good run from December 15th or so through the first third of January.

Same reason people get pissy when its rainy and cool in summer and they cant loaf at the beach.   We dont live in the Caribbean.

If you look forward Skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, outdoor skating etc., rain and warm just flat out stinks.   I bought a place in the Adirondacks years ago to help stretch the winter activities season, but even there is not immune.

14 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Yup only on the phone but it's so annoying that I won't come here anymore unless I'm on my laptop at home with the good ad/pop up blocker. I don't have an i-phone so on my android unit I cleared the cookies but that made it worse.

Yeah it’s on my iPhone. It seems to happen at the worst possible times 

Popup ad at the bottom of screen on mobile often interferes with trying to quick reply when scrolling.

Also numerous times I have been in the middle of writing a post only to get redirected to a “amazon cruise win” page, only to then lose my writings. 

I’ve been a member a long time as have many others but this is beginning to take its toll and you can see the activity level has decreased with many getting frustrated.

8 hours ago, NJwx85 said:

Actually a majority of people thoroughly hate cold and snow any time....we're in a bubble here. There's a reason the sun belt is a retirement destination and Bangor ME isn't.....( though I'd rather retire to Bangor myself )

On 1/22/2018 at 3:31 PM, SnoSki14 said:

Idk about that, the first 10 days of Feb could average well above normal. The second half should be much colder yet the monthly average may only end up somewhat BN kinda like how Jan will probably end up slightly BN to N despite the record cold start. 

Snowfall will probably end up AN for Feb but probably on par with what we've seen in Dec/Jan. 

Pattern is going to change near Superbowl sunday

2 hours ago, weatherpruf said:

Actually a majority of people thoroughly hate cold and snow any time....we're in a bubble here. There's a reason the sun belt is a retirement destination and Bangor ME isn't.....( though I'd rather retire to Bangor myself )

You can have Bangor. Flat and in the middle of no where. The Maine coast is where it’s at!

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

You can have Bangor. Flat and in the middle of no where. The Maine coast is where it’s at!

Lakes. Lotsa lakes. Can't go a mile without hitting a lake in ME, full of fish. The coast is nice, but the lake fishing is better. Actually more partial to the Augusta region. Seems more people have heard of Bangor though. 

10 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Lakes. Lotsa lakes. Can't go a mile without hitting a lake in ME, full of fish. The coast is nice, but the lake fishing is better. Actually more partial to the Augusta region. Seems more people have heard of Bangor though. 

Went to a phish concert in Bangor in the summer of 2013. Downtown area is nice enough I guess. Nice concert venue on the river. Much prefer the coast tho, Mount desert isle, Cadillac mountain, kennebunk, Portland, sebago, those are where it’s at

52 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Went to a phish concert in Bangor in the summer of 2013. Downtown area is nice enough I guess. Nice concert venue on the river. Much prefer the coast tho, Mount desert isle, Cadillac mountain, kennebunk, Portland, sebago, those are where it’s at

There isn't much to dislike in the state but I'll say it does get mighty cold, and summers are nice but a bit too short. But if you enjoy fishing, it's hard to beat. FL has good fishing, but is more crowded and there is that godawful heat....

7 hours ago, JetsPens87 said:

Popup ad at the bottom of screen on mobile often interferes with trying to quick reply when scrolling.

Also numerous times I have been in the middle of writing a post only to get redirected to a “amazon cruise win” page, only to then lose my writings. 

I’ve been a member a long time as have many others but this is beginning to take its toll and you can see the activity level has decreased with many getting frustrated.

Yeah I haven't made a daytime post since that isht started and at this point probably won't bother coming to the site again with my phone until it changes.

5 hours ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Just had my second daughter ;) what a feeling

Woot woot Congratulations :) 

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived