Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

9 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

I posted this somewhere else but if one of you guys can help me out its appreciated --->in theory are the Global models strictly used for long range and are Mesoscale pretty much short range models ? If I have this wrong could someone explain the difference ? Thanks in advance 

Not really, but it depends. In theory every model should get more accurate as the lead time decreases. But meso models will theoretically pick out features that the gfs and others cant, so if thats the type of data youre looking for, mesos can be useful even at longer lead times (accounting for the typical biases, crazy runs when they suddenly and randomly dry out the mid levels, etc etc).

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stormlover74 said:

There's a slight chance we could make it 14 days. Monday will be close

Monday will go above at central park but who cares we got a lot more snow cpming, 15 is an all time record kinds sucks but as long as we get a lot of snow. The storm next week will cut but the rain isn' going to hit us than another wave will hit us with rain to snow and well get 8 inches with that and well get a low develop off the coast of hatteras followed by another coastal right after probably dropping 15 inches. I will position all these lows just for you weenie :weenie:

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I’m in Vermont and it’s -23 with a 60mph wind at the mountain. By far the coldest weather I have experienced 

What mountain? That’s like -60 windchill. I’ve done -40s before. You practically need a spacesuit on to not get frostbite.

I’ve been moving the low towards the coast, you will notice it during the 0z runs. Enjoy the next snowstorm. First we’ll get an inland runner that’ll give us some rain than the next low pressure will develop on the cold front and ride up where it will redevelop off the coast off cape hatteras. 4-8 snowfall coming your way weenies...This snowpack lasts 7 weeks

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived