Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

I'm couching my expectations with the dry column and the fact this is a mover, and that models tend to underestimate how Nor'easters gain latitude.  Not always.

Still going to end up with a best case scenario kind of result compared to some days ago.

What's amazing to me is that as compared to, say 1979-1993, when with one notable exception of Feb '83 we could not buy a big snow along the coast, since 1994 it generally seems to be the opposite, where seemingly many longshots manage to become good storms.  he March 2017 storm that was unexpectedly rain on LI was a surprising disappointment, but in the 80s that would have been 100% expected.

22 minutes ago, coastalplainsnowman said:

What's amazing to me is that as compared to, say 1979-1993, when with one notable exception of Feb '83 we could not buy a big snow along the coast, since 1994 it generally seems to be the opposite, where seemingly many longshots manage to become good storms.  he March 2017 storm that was unexpectedly rain on LI was a surprising disappointment, but in the 80s that would have been 100% expected.

So true.  Not only are we spoiled with big snowstorms, we don’t seem to get as many snow to rain events as we did in the 80’s and 90’s.  

wxrisk.com HEY NJ/ NEW YORKERS !!! recall that missed Blizzard a few years ago when Long island got 2 feet but NYC only had 8 and Newark had 4"?

well this is pay back . The heavy band that were suppose to stay over central CT and Long Island shifted west JUST enough to reach you.. mean while western NJ and Philly are missing out ...

lol dt apologizing to nyker's

2 hours ago, doncat said:

Just wanna say good job by all the posters here during the past couple days....Again maybe some will learn not to talk in absolutes when calling the storm threat dead the past several days(though I doubt it ).

It was awesome having some red taggers around and participating as well, they were a huge asset.

@Rjay still sucks though.  

16 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

The gfs has been complete garbage lately, how is it losing to the NAM and Canadian. Granted most of the globals did poorly but the gfs was extra special in its ineptitude. 

Ever since I've been tracking winter storm a the gfs has been garbage. Its odd that the Euro had been so bad as well. We kinda need them for threats more than 4 days out

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived