Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

There used to be a delete all function for attachments when your cache is full... it seems to only allow you to delete 1 at a time, and that takes forever... anyone know how to delete all

attachements so I can post pics lol

Don’t feel bad I can’t even post pictures

4 hours ago, Snow88 said:

Hey Red bank , PB wants to know what happened to the southeast ridge for Xmas on the east coast.

You have been on the warm weenie train this month.

You are kidding me right? As bad as I busted on a 3" snow, the Christmas bust is worse for you guys. And you (especially PB) have put it in people's faces too. I hope you're joking though, it's going to be 60 and rain this weekend and your Christmas is going to be warm and brown, deal with it. The best you might salvage is a cold front on Christmas Day. PBs call was for a few days relaxation and a cold and possibly snowy Christmas. Well that's turned into about 7-10 days of above normal, at least 3-5 days significantly so, rain and no snow for you. Deal with it.

1 minute ago, redbanknjandbigbasslakepa said:

You are kidding me right? As bad as I busted on a 3" snow, the Christmas bust is worse for you guys. And you (especially PB) have put it in people's faces too. I hope you're joking though, it's going to be 60 and rain this weekend and your Christmas is going to be warm and brown, deal with it. The best you might salvage is a cold front on Christmas Day. PBs call was for a few days relaxation and a cold and possibly snowy Christmas. Well that's turned into about 7-10 days of above normal, at least 3-5 days significantly so, rain and no snow for you. Deal with it.

Wow you are a troll

60 ? No way

2 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Wow you are a troll

60 ? No way

Check your obs and your forecast for the weekend. 55-60 right now in region, 50 Friday, 60 Saturday and 50s Christmas Eve. Rain for good measure too. Christmas Day could be warm until the front comes through. You are ignoring all of this. Wait, forget I said all of this, I saw an EPO chart, supposed to go negative, tell the atmosphere, alert! alert! it can't be 60 Saturday the EPO chart says so!

If you've noticed PB has gone awfully quiet, even he would admit he's wrong and was arrogant about his call which has gone down in flames.

5 hours ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

There used to be a delete all function for attachments when your cache is full... it seems to only allow you to delete 1 at a time, and that takes forever... anyone know how to delete all

attachements so I can post pics lol

Ask an admin.  I can't fix that for you anymore.  

2 hours ago, redbanknjandbigbasslakepa said:

Check your obs and your forecast for the weekend. 55-60 right now in region, 50 Friday, 60 Saturday and 50s Christmas Eve. Rain for good measure too. Christmas Day could be warm until the front comes through. You are ignoring all of this. Wait, forget I said all of this, I saw an EPO chart, supposed to go negative, tell the atmosphere, alert! alert! it can't be 60 Saturday the EPO chart says so!

If you've noticed PB has gone awfully quiet, even he would admit he's wrong and was arrogant about his call which has gone down in flames.

The southeast ridge is gone after the 24

We are heading into a good pattern starting Christmas.

He doesn't think he's wrong at all. He has been right all along about Christmas turning colder with possible snow.

6 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

The southeast ridge is gone after the 24

We are heading into a good pattern starting Christmas.

He doesn't think he's wrong at all. He has been right all along about Christmas turning colder with possible snow.

I agree Christmas Day is the transition period and the week between then and New Years is prime. I’ve liked it awhile. But the banter from PB of cold before Christmas and white Christmas etc is going to turn out wrong. The week leading into Christmas including most of the Christmas Eve weekend etc is above average and green. No denying it, that week was missed by many, as the general thought was that the 20-25 period would be cold and white. 

23 minutes ago, redbanknjandbigbasslakepa said:

I agree Christmas Day is the transition period and the week between then and New Years is prime. I’ve liked it awhile. But the banter from PB of cold before Christmas and white Christmas etc is going to turn out wrong. The week leading into Christmas including most of the Christmas Eve weekend etc is above average and green. No denying it, that week was missed by many, as the general thought was that the 20-25 period would be cold and white. 

it's going to end up a few days later than what was discussed, but that is common, guidance is often too fast with these flips-same thing on the other end, the cold will hang on a bit longer than originally though before we flip to something else...

10 hours ago, North and West said:

I wonder if it’s due to a changing climate and increased CO2 that’s pushing an increase of fluctuating patterns (can’t subscript on my iPhone!); natural variability (e.g., all of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again) that we didn’t notice because it happened 600 years ago; or some combination of both.

Changes have happened before but not so quickly.

Besides we're in the middle of the sixth mass extinction in the history of the planet, so there are other things going on too.

Overpopulation can be viewed as the main cause of all of the above.

The planet favors biodiversity over dominance by one species so at some point we will reach a tipping point and the planet will reset the balance.

This can happen in a variety of ways, most are unpleasant (for us), but one way or another it's going to happen.

11 hours ago, bluewave said:

I can remember going on the internet for the first time in the winter of 96-97. I didn't get another memorable snowstorm to track until 12-30-00. The 90's were just the start of the big weather extremes and swings that have become the norm now.

I remember the April Fools bust of April 1997- 8-12 inches were forecast and we got 1-3 lol.  Both south and north of us got more.

I remember the big ice storm in 1998.

Don't remember anything else until the Millenium storm in December 2000 :P

2 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

it's going to end up a few days later than what was discussed, but that is common, guidance is often too fast with these flips-same thing on the other end, the cold will hang on a bit longer than originally though before we flip to something else...

Why do people care so much whether it's the last week of December or the first week of January? It doesn't really matter.  I personally think we'll be cold and dry for awhile but the snowy pattern will begin around New Years.  That's how it usually works.

Based on the above, looks like PB is also initially worried about suppression.  

57 minutes ago, Paragon said:

Why do people care so much whether it's the last week of December or the first week of January? It doesn't really matter.  I personally think we'll be cold and dry for awhile but the snowy pattern will begin around New Years.  That's how it usually works.

Based on the above, looks like PB is also initially worried about suppression.  

Pb loves the Xmas wave and the storm near NYE

1 hour ago, Paragon said:

I remember the April Fools bust of April 1997- 8-12 inches were forecast and we got 1-3 lol.  Both south and north of us got more.

I remember the big ice storm in 1998.

Don't remember anything else until the Millenium storm in December 2000 :P

Yeah boy that 4/1/97 storm was a whopper. I got 17" after a few hours of rain! Warm, warm, warm then it got really wet and all of a sudden bang, it came down in buckets. The leaves had already popped a few weeks early and trees and big branches came down all over the place, one on the power line feeding my house :o 

All this talk of busts about things that haven't happened yet are really annoying and come off as kind of mean. If you want to be a dick at least wait until the 'event' is in process not 4-5 days before. If a call is made two weeks in advance and misses by a day or two is it really a miss? 

29 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Yeah boy that 4/1/97 storm was a whopper. I got 17" after a few hours of rain! Warm, warm, warm then it got really wet and all of a sudden bang, it came down in buckets. The leaves had already popped a few weeks early and trees and big branches came down all over the place, one on the power line feeding my house :o 

All this talk of busts about things that haven't happened yet are really annoying and come off as kind of mean. If you want to be a dick at least wait until the 'event' is in process not 4-5 days before. If a call is made two weeks in advance and misses by a day or two is it really a miss? 

Man I keep saying this over and over. It’s like model runs are what really will happen.

97 on the island sucked. An inch of paste

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived