Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

51 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Is there something wrong with my computer are are you guys doing some big upgrades.;) The layout keeps changing over the last few hours and it keeps logging out my account.

Its old age. ;)

wow did an upgrade but then had to fix the skin because it got all screwy. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Paragon said:

I remember seeing a map with spotter totals and there was a 22" amount in that general region!

Sounds like fun memories- which storm did you enjoy more?

The Jan storm was a big surprise but probably a little less snow?

Do you recall any measurements in the area from the January storm?

I want to say 16 or 17". I know it only came up halfway between the lower and upper rails on the two rail fence in my front yard, Feb topped the upper rail. Different wind direction on that one and the drifts were more significant in the front yard where it was open to the cul-de-sac. Between my parents cars it was up to the roofs and there were long windrows on the lee side of the ornamental trees in the yard and between ours and the neighbors house. The plow piles from the Jan storm were so dense too because the snow was wet, they were a bear to tunnel through :wacko: 

Enjoyed February more because the piles were still there so afterwards they were freakin' huge and the neighborhood basically being shut down for 3 days until the plows came around was awesome. The cross street at the end of my dead end was open and Oceanside Rd was but all of the side streets were slow to get cleared and the 3 dead ends in a row were 3 days out so all of us kids had the greatest playground for a while.

5 hours ago, uncle W said:

never heard of that?...I saw a sight that had every plane crash ever listed...u tube also has more videos of plane crashes...it sounds like an obscure one...there were so many in the 1960's...I have plane phobia since I was little...I used to have nightmares about plane crashes...I drive everywhere...but I digress...

I'm a driver too but not because I'm worried about a plane crash, more because I despise the bulls**t that the airports are now. If I can drive it in under a day I will usually choose to. I've done quickie road trips to NC and Chicago a few times rather than fly. I had one flight to ATL last winter that took about the same time it would have had I driven. Between getting to the airport from home, waiting around there for 90 minutes and then a delay in the transfer it took about 16 hours and I still had to get a ride from the airport to the hotel my meeting was in. Next time I drive...

7 hours ago, Rtd208 said:

Nice looking upgrade to the website. I approve.:thumbsup:

There is a bit of a bug with the new upgrade- it said I have 8 notifications but there really were only like 3 lol.  What happened was that I had multiple notifications (2-3) for some of the people who responded to me.

Also, how do I get rid of the pink P thing?  I don't want it lol.

10 hours ago, Snow88 said:

This new update lags on my phone

Reminds me of Facebook lol.  What I did was stop using Chrome lol, has major privacy holes and hogs memory and resources.  I use Firefox and everything runs much faster.

There's a reason Mr. Robot endorses it ;-)

At any rate the  CI Polar Bear, New Years Day Swim, looks much colder than I thought it was going to be.     Cold air invades at start of the year and a Ball Drop temp. of 28degs. is now in play.  Temps. continue dropping as the Polar Bears, real ones and the hundreds of ersatzs, may have to brave a 1PM temp. of 24degs.  Aaah! The signal to become Camera Shy!

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

Gfs has us in the 60s on the 23rd. It's still a close call whether the warmer weather will fall on the 24/25. 

Yeah I think there's pretty good agreement of a warm surge before Christmas.  It's just a matter of when the warmth breaks down and the cold finally filters in like you mentioned.

22 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Sitting at 8” for the season. Already beating 01/02 and 11/12 for futility during my life time. Before the start of official winter. Especially on 3 events. This usually portends an excellent season on the way. For all the torch fans, have fun with that. 

You're younger than I thought if you missed 97-98.  It's right up there with other 2, if not slightly worse. 

If three of those in the past 20 years is the price to pay for all of the good years, it might be worth it.

41 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

You're younger than I thought if you missed 97-98.  It's right up there with other 2, if not slightly worse. 

If three of those in the past 20 years is the price to pay for all of the good years, it might be worth it.

Sorry forgot about that one. I was 15 then so I’m not that young. That was also a blockbuster El Niño so we can throw that analog right in the garbage. 

And I agree. I’ll toss a couple for what we’ve seen. I just don’t think this is one of those. I would bet any amount of money we see accumulating snow at some point during the “winter”.

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived