Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

The Euro weekly from last night has a mean trough in the east through at least the first week of january. 

But doesn't the Control and Ensemble Mean rarely match up after Day 15?   This must mean something.

18 minutes ago, Hailstorm said:

I wonder why NWS seems less bullish on the upcoming cold

Per their forecast, highs are mostly 40 or above thru next Tuesday; but the EPS ensembles suggest high temps should stay in the mid 30s for the end of this week into much of next week.

HS

weather.com 10 day

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USNY0996:1:US

weather underground

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/ny/new-york/10001

EPS Ens----- is just one tool in the box , and has the shape of a hammer  LOL

5 minutes ago, Doorman said:

HS

weather.com 10 day

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USNY0996:1:US

weather underground

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/ny/new-york/10001

EPS Ens----- is just one tool in the box , and has the shape of a hammer  LOL

Look at the big discrepancy in temps between the link you posted and the one I found from weather.com; yet both are forecasts for the same location:

6 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Is there a version of the forum in a parallel universe were there is as much bickering about liquid precip instead of frozen.;)

Yeah, and there metsfan posts and discusses euro 500mb maps, snowman19 posts in the mt hood subforum and they suffer their worst season ever of 900", pb's posts read like Don S, and yanksfan gets a met energy job that has a gag order for posting about rain. 

:)

4 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Here we go again... let’s just hope this doesn’t continue all winter.

as of right now I like a couple of inches east and south of the city. Maybe a coating in the city itself. 

And that is why I prefer April to September in these forums.

1 minute ago, JerseyWx said:

And that is why I prefer April to September in these forums.

YEs but u love snow so deep down u love this. I really love this site and I can’t lie although I may dislike people sometimes it’s cause I’m not getting my snow and I’m depressed so I throw a few jabs but give me snow and I’m happy. Enjoy ur snow guys

1 minute ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

YEs but u love snow so deep down u love this. I really love this site and I can’t lie although I may dislike people sometimes it’s cause I’m not getting my snow and I’m depressed so I throw a few jabs but give me snow and I’m happy. Enjoy ur snow guys

I do enjoy snow yes, but I also enjoy reading good analysis and it's hard to sift through all the banter/bickering.

18 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Yeah, and there metsfan posts and discusses euro 500mb maps, snowman19 posts in the mt hood subforum and they suffer their worst season ever of 900", pb's posts read like Don S, and yanksfan gets a met energy job that has a gag order for posting about rain. 

:)

This place certainly has a unique flavor of likes and dislikes which often differ from the general public. I once had  friend read some of the threads out of curiosity who wasn't as into the weather. He couldn't understand why people were rooting for various types of storms rather hoping that the storms would miss us.:D

2 minutes ago, bluewave said:

This place certainly has a unique flavor of likes and dislikes which often differ from the general public. I once had  friend read some of the threads out of curiosity who wasn't as into the weather. He couldn't understand why people were rooting for various types of storms rather hoping that the storm would miss us.:lol:

Yeah, then you have folks that think that rooting will somehow have an impact on the actual outcome.

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived